Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
58 fucking pages and the season hasn’t begun yet. We're not in danger of becoming a bunch of whinging mard-arses: we’re already there. For fuck’s sake, turn it and quit micro-reading every single fucking article. If this thread were on any other fans’ forum we’d (rightly) be calling it out. It’s shite.

To see bias in action, just have a gander at the main BBC Sport Football page.

Fair enough they've got a story about us beating Real Madrid (which I really didn't expect) but nothing about the rags losing to Barcelona. In fact the only rag match-related story is about their youth team beating Co Armagh in some Northern Ireland competition.

Talk about burying bad news.

This forum has been good training for being widely disliked in my professsional career.
I'm sure you said in the first 3/4 pages of this thread that you weren't getting involved this season, Frank.
I guess the need to show all those blues with grievances that they're chatting shite is just too strong to stop.

58 fucking pages and the season hasn’t begun yet. We're not in danger of becoming a bunch of whinging mard-arses: we’re already there. For fuck’s sake, turn it and quit micro-reading every single fucking article. If this thread were on any other fans’ forum we’d (rightly) be calling it out. It’s shite.
Why read ithe then ? Tbh the only bit I think that was worth commenting on was the TS bit about back door payments to players, 99% of it I treat as a bit of fun.

Apart from those bastards at the MUEN, sorry oakie couldn't resist ;-)

The only debate that should exist on media bias is how much of it there is, not whether it exists.

It's a proven fact that we get an unfair crack of the whip from the press but then again, if the Sheikh would have bought Everton instead of us then I have no doubt that they'd be getting it in the neck like us aswell.

It's more to do with pondering to the pro-United and Liverpool masses than any anti-City agenda.

That said, I don't know what people expect. You don't need assurance from Mark Ogden or Jamie Carragher to see how well or shite City have been, you can see it for yourself.

Then again it all depends on a persons preference. Someone posted a summary of Ogden's match report for City against Madrid and noticed there were more negatives than positives. If there is that much room for improvement after beating Madrid 4-1 then that's a daunting prospect for the rest of Europe! And it's a far bigger backhanded compliment that if he was gushing about us.

I'm sure you said in the first 3/4 pages of this thread that you weren't getting involved this season, Frank.
I guess the need to show all those blues with grievances that they're chatting shite is just too strong to stop.

Like a moth to the flame Pablo1. In fairness it has all been quite good natured and just like the forum should be. I do not think its all shite and certain individuals give us bad press but today has been a positive day.

Like a moth to the flame Pablo1. In fairness it has all been quite good natured and just like the forum should be. I do not think its all shite and certain individuals give us bad press but today has been a positive day.
We do love a positive day, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.