Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
And whilst I am in this thread why do Sky never have a big story on our successful football brand! All other news outlets are talking about the style and impact of the football we are playing but Sky dont have anything and seem to be stuck in the old world of reporting on everything Utd.

Also Paul Merson is a knob
"I do think we are getting a bit carried away with City. It's great what they are doing but great teams win things and they haven't won anything yet. They will win the league, but we have short memories of how great Manchester United were and also the Arsenal 'Invincibles' team."

Fucker, we are making the sort of history that Utd and Arsenal could never make, the fact we have alreayd won the prem gets forgotten. I fkin hate Sky.

And whilst I am in this thread why do Sky never have a big story on our successful football brand! All other news outlets are talking about the style and impact of the football we are playing but Sky dont have anything and seem to be stuck in the old world of reporting on everything Utd.

Also Paul Merson is a knob
"I do think we are getting a bit carried away with City. It's great what they are doing but great teams win things and they haven't won anything yet. They will win the league, but we have short memories of how great Manchester United were and also the Arsenal 'Invincibles' team."

Fucker, we are making the sort of history that Utd and Arsenal could never make, the fact we have alreayd won the prem gets forgotten. I fkin hate Sky.

The Arsenal invincibles team only won the league though, so by Merson's own logic (giving us the league) we've already won as many trophies as them

The Arsenal invincibles team only won the league though, so by Merson's own logic (giving us the league) we've already won as many trophies as them
Mersons logic like his football was pissed away years ago. He gets even worse after saying that, apparently it was harder ten years ago to go to a team like Stoke and win whereas it is easier nowadays. (Despite all the money that all the teams are now spending to improve their teams). This guy just should not be a pundit

Mersons logic like his football was pissed away years ago. He gets even worse after saying that, apparently it was harder ten years ago to go to a team like Stoke and win whereas it is easier nowadays. (Despite all the money that all the teams are now spending to improve their teams). This guy just should not be a pundit
If it easier nowadays the question is why Arsenal is loosing ground, not only on City but in general. The logic of Merson is flawed.

The fact that our football can get rid of this negative disease means we get the decisions we were not last year. What I mean is through the eyes of a conspiracy theorist,.... Utd etc have been bringing in the money for the prem. We come along and upset the apple cart and referee decisions are given against us. Then we show we are on the verge of playing the best football in the world ever and the prem want a piece of it... Refs decisions go for us this year. Crazy conspiracy though pfft

I peronally think the prem is at a fork in the road, they can either embrace the football we are playing or they can try to destory it and keep the status quo/Man Utd

Mourinho is helping us, by being such a miserable tosser & playing shite football from the stoneage. Sky etc have to keep selling their product to new viewers, not just the same people, & we are one of a very few clubs helping them do that.

Mourinho is helping us, by being such a miserable tosser & playing shite football from the stoneage. Sky etc have to keep selling their product to new viewers, not just the same people, & we are one of a very few clubs helping them do that.

Mourinho is Pep's biggest ally.

You could not hope for a better counter-example for anyone who believes it's easy to be amazing as long as you spend money. Anyone who ever says "Ah but he spent all that money" will immediately be re-directed to United and their failings.

Mourinho is Pep's biggest ally.

You could not hope for a better counter-example for anyone who believes it's easy to be amazing as long as you spend money. Anyone who ever says "Ah but he spent all that money" will immediately be re-directed to United and their failings.

The trouble is, the ****s are in second place.

Even some people on here have been taken in by them having a quite incredible run of the ball & calling it 'quality'. They have just done it again, outplayed by Bournemouth for long periods, 3 points. That's Brighton, Basel, Watford, Arsenal, City & Bournemouth who have all deserved something out of games v them, but only City & Basel actually got anything.

They are much higher, than they deserve to be.

The trouble is, the ****s are in second place

Even some people on here have been taken in by them having a quite incredible run of the ball & calling it 'quality'. They have just done it again, outplayed by Bournemouth for long periods, 3 points. That's Brighton, Basel, Watford, Arsenal, City & Bournemouth who have all deserved something out of games v them, but only City & Basel actually got anything.

They are much higher, than they deserve to be.

They won't be for long.

Chelsea will finish above them IMO, and when Alderweireld and Wanyama come back for Spurs, they'll surge up the table too after the league has gone.

I quite fancy Liverpool to finish above them too, Klopp's cocked up the past two games, but they seem to be coming into one of those spells Klopp has where they perform well enough for a few months to give Liverpool fans "next year..." hopes.

West Brom, Leicester, Burnley, Southampton and Everton are United's next 5 games - in their current form I suspect they'll drop 4 or 5 points across those games, get put back amongst the rest of the "challengers" and then we'll see Mourinho turn on his players again, Luke Shaw will be humiliated for something and they'll revert to the place they deserve, about 4th.

I quite fancy Liverpool to finish above them too, Klopp's cocked up the past two games, but they seem to be coming into one of those spells Klopp has where they perform well enough for a few months to give Liverpool fans "next year..." hopes.

Not Klippety's biggest fan by any means but that's more of a club trait there. Every summer they look back at a 4 or 5 match period where they hit form, extrapolate it to cover a 60 game season, convince themselves (conveniently while there's no football being played) that they have the best footballers worldwide in every position and a messiah as coach and that they're going to win the lot next season. There's even a graph about it floating around somewhere...

They won't be for long.

Chelsea will finish above them IMO, and when Alderweireld and Wanyama come back for Spurs, they'll surge up the table too after the league has gone.

West Brom, Leicester, Burnley, Southampton and Everton are United's next 5 games - in their current form I suspect they'll drop 4 or 5 points across those games, get put back amongst the rest of the "challengers" and then we'll see Mourinho turn on his players again, Luke Shaw will be humiliated for something and they'll revert to the place they deserve, about 4th.

Imo the only reason Chelsea would finish below them, is if they lose intensity because of us being so far ahead. Otherwise, as you say, they will cruise past the scum before the end of the season. I do think Chelsea will struggle to motivate themselves week in week out though, but so will the rags.

Chelsea dropping points was as big a result as us beating the scum imo. A draw at the swamp would have been ok in regards to the gap with Utd, but the danger is us slipping up in a couple of games & Chelsea winning about 5 on the bounce, which was on for them. But they blew it in game one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.