Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the general media have given City a much fairer ride this year, waxing lyrical about the style of play....
MOTD in particular have become big advocates.
However, you will still get the lazy arse licking journalists who don't like change.
Custis/Tyler etc....the ones who like to romance about the famous nights at Anfield, or have become so common a feature at OT, that they are on first name terms with all of the staff.
Given their profession....to report / commentate on football (unbiasedly), the likes of these 2, and others, have let their personal gain affect what, and how they report, and how they commentate.
It is now more important to them not to upset the horse they have backed,for years, that has fed them well, and made life easy for them....and for them to be part of the whole celebration...but that horse has started to flag quite badly......and what have they done?....have they been critical?...noooo....this has led to total and utter biased shite, aiming criticism at the newboys.
They are almost as deluded as the fans...Alan Brazil...doesn't even try to hide it, totally embarrassing.

These relics won't be around for much longer....just keep making their life a fuckin misery....it's enjoyable watching the bastards squirm

Ps...can you lend my team 11 players?

Good post, bud - true in particular about MOTD - some great tactical analysis of some of our games. Particularly the rout over Stoke, lol

He originally started out as impartial but you can see the bias has well and truly crept in. His reasons for Sanchez joining United being about tradition and the clubs history was hilarious and cringeworthy.

I think he's still very good in the punditry studio where he can plan out his arguments to discuss at half/full time and support with evidential clips of the game. In a commentary of debate scenario he has to think on the spot and reverts to his partisanship.

I think the general media have given City a much fairer ride this year, waxing lyrical about the style of play....
MOTD in particular have become big advocates.
However, you will still get the lazy arse licking journalists who don't like change.
Custis/Tyler etc....the ones who like to romance about the famous nights at Anfield, or have become so common a feature at OT, that they are on first name terms with all of the staff.
Given their profession....to report / commentate on football (unbiasedly), the likes of these 2, and others, have let their personal gain affect what, and how they report, and how they commentate.
It is now more important to them not to upset the horse they have backed,for years, that has fed them well, and made life easy for them....and for them to be part of the whole celebration...but that horse has started to flag quite badly......and what have they done?....have they been critical?...noooo....this has led to total and utter biased shite, aiming criticism at the newboys.
They are almost as deluded as the fans...Alan Brazil...doesn't even try to hide it, totally embarrassing.

These relics won't be around for much longer....just keep making their life a fuckin misery....it's enjoyable watching the bastards squirm

Ps...can you lend my team 11 players?
Very good post. Helps explain why Sunderland is always a good day out. Fans who are passionate but fair, always willing to have a chat and a laugh. And still my favourite YouTube video not showing City on the 2012 title day is the Sunderland fans taking the piss out of the scum, great Poznań

I think he's still very good in the punditry studio where he can plan out his arguments to discuss at half/full time and support with evidential clips of the game. In a commentary of debate scenario he has to think on the spot and reverts to his partisanship.

I think that's a fair comment.
I find Carragher has caught him up and sticks to what happened with less tendency to add interpretation of what's going on.

BBC Football page tonight.
"Man City knew of abuse Bennell trial told"
"Energy belief and fantastic finishing. How Liverpool beat Man City"
"Who went toe to toe with KDB and came out on top"

I bet they really hate having to put the league table up on the same page.

Not forgetting their comment that the Rags are now "within" twelve points , laughable.

I can accept Naga Munchetty on the BBC thinking City have loads of money and should be signing Sanchez as she is a presenter only.
I have less acceptance in the sports presenter agreeing, while not mentioning that Utd also have loads of money and that it's crazy money (one of the red tops is claiming 500k/week now and 10M signing fee).

Can't remember the exact phrasing - about 6:35 this morning.

Not sure if this is the right thread to mention it in but Tyler's commentary on Sunday was sickening. He couldn't contain his glee as we crumbled in the 2nd half. If Neville can remain impartial why can't that old **** ?
There was a discernible smile in his voice, wasn't there?
Tw*t.

Amazing that the Rags can pay Sanchez £400,000+ a week, which given the astronomical wages already being spent in the PL is a whole new ballgame - and not even a ripple - had we done that there would be a massive outcry about us ruining football! Wenger implied it's okay as "Utd earn their revenue" - another dig at us?

Amazing that the Rags can pay Sanchez £400,000+ a week, which given the astronomical wages already being spent in the PL is a whole new ballgame - and not even a ripple - had we done that there would be a massive outcry about us ruining football! Wenger implied it's okay as "Utd earn their revenue" - another dig at us?
Wenger is pure poison with his comments about United having organic revenue. He knows full well that the Rags get their money from exactly the same places as us: attendances; sponsorship and, most of all, TV income. The only difference between us and the Rags is that their wealth is built on a mountain of debt to US banks and they invest virtually nothing in their local community.
The revelations about what Wenger really said to Mike Dean tell you everything you need to know about his character. He is a snake who will say anything to deflect attention from the fact that he is the highest paid manager in the world (£10m a year), his club's owners are amongst the richest in any sport, and his organisation takes more money from its customers than any other football club (see yesterday's official UEFA report). None of this narrative of course will ever be reported by our impartial media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.