Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

predictable
You can't take anything our Government says about the Middle East seriously. We have been supplying weapons to both sides of most of the disputes in that region for decades.

It is, but the story comes from The Athletic with the MP criticising being Chris Bryant, the very same Chris Bryant who tweeted the following to a Russian Oligarch father and son:

View attachment 38973

So not the government then. Not even anyone with any responsibility for the Middle East.

Help me, Rhondda (yes, I know).

Although they have to be seen to be critical of any overtures to Syria, I very much doubt the government or foreign office will be personally criticising Mansour. Not a great headline by the BBC, unless I am wrong.

So not the government then. Not even anyone with any responsibility for the Middle East.

Help me, Rhondda (yes, I know).

Although they have to be seen to be critical of any overtures to Syria, I very much doubt the government or foreign office will be personally criticising Mansour. Not a great headline by the BBC, unless I am wrong.
Dan Roach retweeted it and then deleted when challenged by a couple of blues

Chris Bryant. Just another attention seeking leftie stamping his feet. First Chelsea, then Everton, now tenuously linking City to his 'look at me' media campaign.
Bryant seems to be a man devoid of any integrity. As usual his comments are reported without the context of his background.

There was a mention on the forum somewhere that the meeting between Syria and uae was on behalf/sponsored by the UN.

I can’t find any news item saying that though, has anyone got a link to something that shows that to be the case?

if it is sponsored by the UN then they can all STFU, ( cf uk govt meeting Sinn Fein).

if it was part of a wider Arab led progression on Syria… hmm maybe ok.

if it was just the UAE off their own bat… that’s not a particularly good look.
Are they supposed to let the crap continue, destabilising the Middle East (let alone the suffering) or is it not better that someone step in and try and resolve it? I might add that absolutely no-one seems to know what the meeting is actually about.

I could care less if the Americans are "disappointed".

Dan Roach retweeted it and then deleted when challenged by a couple of blues

It was Roan, was it?

Actually, it's pretty comforting that Mansour doesn't give a single shit about what these people say or write. He must be incredibly secure in his, and the club's, position not to give the slightest toss (compare to Abramovich and how that turned out).

Maybe we as fans should take the same approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.