Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no mention of Sheikh Mohammed having a sit down with Assad I see. No questions about whether he and the wider Maktoum family are 'fit and proper' persons to own a sizeable chunk of Newmarket?

UK policy:
"The UK works for a political solution that will establish a lasting settlement to the conflict and protects the rights of all Syrians. We believe that the only forum capable of achieving this is the UN-led Geneva process; the UK fully supports the work of UN Envoy Geir Pedersen"

(Oct 2021) UN Envoy visits the UAE:

UAE rep visits Damascus:

"The recent visit of His Highness Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation to Damascus was among the efforts towards building bridges in the region.
The UAE also stressed the importance of strengthening and activating the Arab role in a manner consistent with the diplomatic efforts of the UN envoy to Syria, Geir Pedersen, which would contribute to making progress on the political track, hoping to end the crisis and restore security and stability to Syria and the region."

Back to the beginning: UK policy: "We believe that the only forum capable of achieving this is the UN-led Geneva process; the UK fully supports the work of UN Envoy Geir Pedersen"

And current UK position on this week's talks between the Assad government and opposition groups:
Daily struggles of the Syrian people should serve as a dire warning to the international community - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

"The UK welcomes Special Envoy Pederson’s continued efforts and the intention to reconvene the Constitutional Committee talks in Geneva in the second half of March. The Syrian regime must engage meaningfully with this process. We urge all parties, including the regime’s backers, to redouble their efforts to find a way forward."

NO-ONE is talking about not dealing with Assad.

Whether it's a good idea is another matter, but normalisation of relations with the Assad regime is not just a UAE issue.

Last edited:
I recall a few years ago an allegation made in the media about a "Symbiotic relationship" between the BBC and The Rags.

That so called report posted yesterday makes me think it's still continues.

Sorry I disagree, I haven't read it and only seen the photo but that's enough for me. I still haven't forgiven the club for selling Rodney Marsh so this photograph is enough for me to switch to Newcastle.
Shame on you picking Newcastle. I could never forgive them for 1955.

UK policy:
"The UK works for a political solution that will establish a lasting settlement to the conflict and protects the rights of all Syrians. We believe that the only forum capable of achieving this is the UN-led Geneva process; the UK fully supports the work of UN Envoy Geir Pedersen"

UAE rep visits Damascus:

"The recent visit of His Highness Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation to Damascus was among the efforts towards building bridges in the region.
The UAE also stressed the importance of strengthening and activating the Arab role in a manner consistent with the diplomatic efforts of the UN envoy to Syria, Geir Pedersen, which would contribute to making progress on the political track, hoping to end the crisis and restore security and stability to Syria and the region."

Back to the beginning: UK policy: "We believe that the only forum capable of achieving this is the UN-led Geneva process; the UK fully supports the work of UN Envoy Geir Pedersen"

And current UK position on this week's talks between the Assad government and opposition groups:
Daily struggles of the Syrian people should serve as a dire warning to the international community - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

"The UK welcome’s Special Envoy Pederson’s continued efforts and the intention to reconvene the Constitutional Committee talks in Geneva in the second half of March. The Syrian regime must engage meaningfully with this process. We urge all parties, including the regime’s backers, to redouble their efforts to find a way forward."

Whether it's a good idea is another matter, but normalisation of relations with the Assad regime is not just a UAE issue.

But, but, I saw a photo ..... and Dan Roan says Mansour has been personally criticised by the government. Next step sanctions, forced sale and back in the Championship. Oh yes, I forgot Neville's inside take as well, to seal the deal.

UK policy:

UAE rep visits Damascus:

"The UK welcome’s Special Envoy Pederson’s continued efforts and the intention to reconvene the Constitutional Committee talks in Geneva in the second half of March. The Syrian regime must engage meaningfully with this process. We urge all parties, including the regime’s backers, to redouble their efforts to find a way forward."

Reading that, the USA once again are breaking international law by occupying parts of Syria. Pretty sure I read in the briefing that they're taking oil from the occupied areas as well. Wonder if that's why they're refusing to move from the area

Reactions: mat
They
Still no mention of Sheikh Mohammed having a sit down with Assad I see. No questions about whether he and the wider Maktoum family are 'fit and proper' persons to own a sizeable chunk of Newmarket?

They don't own a sizeable chuck of Newcastle though. That's the Saudi PIF. We criticise idiots in the media who don't seem to know the difference between the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc so it's somewhat embarrassing that a City fan comes out with this.

They do own Emirates though so it wouldn't be unreasonable to ask if anyone is talking about sanctioning Arsenal or cancelling their sponsorship of the FA Cup.

The drip drip feed of misinformation continues.

I expect a US friendly owner will take over Chelsea. Then watch this space for "New Rules" aimed at fucking any club off with "Funny looking owners"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.