Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
This new thing of including wages on top of transfer fee is doing my nut. I assume they will apply this too all clubs this summer then? Even that thick c*nt Micky Gray was at it just now on talkshite.
It makes them a bit obvious though doesn’t it? Even the more discerning thicko can see the difference in reporting between us and the redtops on anything football related. It gets boring after a bit. What I would say is at least the rags get the negative stuff when they’re shit, the dippers escaped all of that.

Bbc radio 1 newsbeat
Liverpool beat villa
City play tonight
City also signed Haaland yesterday
But not all fans are happy
“City fan” - “He doesnt fit stylistically and im always nervous about bundesliga strikers”
On to the weather

Not any city fan i know!

I had to laugh at the pre match Liverpool love-in tonight on 5 Live - Don Hutchison actually said words to the effect that , now we've signed Haaland, given his pace, teams are going to start dropping back to defend deeper against City, to guard against his pace. The result will most likely be that Haaland won't be as prolific as people think, and he had a bet with Woodgate (who, in fairness appeared to be disagreeing with him) that Harry Kane will outscore Haaland next season.

Whilst the latter is always possible, I was still laughing at the fact that Hutchison must have never watched a City game - if defences dropped any deeper against us to counter Haaland's pace, they'd be behind the f'kin goal line!

For me the beauty of the Haaland signing is Haaland gives us the skillset to deal with both eventualities.

Teams already defend ridiculously deep against us, considering its best to allow City space up to the 18 yard box, challenge us to open them up with limited room behind or back there defenders to deal with crosses aimed at the likes of Foden/Mahrez etc who are of small stature and making runs, winning headers in the box does not come naturally.

The signing of Haaland is a game changer as by the opposition adopting this tactic instead of facing the likes of Foden/Mahrez when the crosses come in now the centre halves are up against a 6ft 4 striker who has that innate ability to find space in the box and be in the right place at the right time.

Suddenly the go-to opposition tactic has been destroyed over night, so you may find some sides choosing to engage with us higher up the field due to this threat also, rather than defend deeper. But if they don’t we now have the antidote to the tactic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.