Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems they all buy into City bingo it I was at pantomime in Manchester today and before it started there were two lads behind me (oh no they weren’t) talking about City and saying apparently loads of empty seats every match etc etc I turned round and said bollocks, think they were pretty shocked then tried to back track, turns out they were Everton supporters (didn’t sound it though) then proceeded to ask if we were going to smash them 6-0.

Over a decade of media hate, lies, untruths and bile against our club manifested itself into the scenes we saw on Thursday night at the Etihad.

The media are as much to blame, if not more so, for the appalling behaviour of the Liverpool fans, culminating in some poor young girl being scarred for life ..

Years of falsely reporting ..

False accounting ..
State owned..
Spend what we want..
Circumnavigating FFP..
Oil money..(whatever that means)

.. have fanned the flames of hate against our club to a now uncontrollable level..

The sad thing is that we are guilty of none of the above..!

What we are guilty of however is..

Identifying and putting into place a top class management structure from top to bottom..

Installing a way of playing throughout the club from the youth teams through to the first teams for both the men's and women's teams..

Investing in East Manchester and the surrounding areas on an industrial scale..

Spending within our means from day one to attract players such as Sergio, Aleks, David and Yaya, none of whom were world superstars at the time, in fact both David Silva and Yaya Toure were roundly slagged off and laughed at by talksport at the time as I recall..

These players, along with Vinny, Zab, Joe, Edin and Nige to name but a few provided the sound footings at the club, enabling us to grow and establish ourselves at the business end of the PL.

In all that time however, we're constantly being told that we were cheats who could basically spend what we wanted, do what we wanted and ride roughshod over everyone else..

Our trophies were tarnished and our achievements both on and off the field were looked upon with distain.

Years and years we've had to listen to and put up with this shit..

For any lurking haters I'll tell you what we are..

We are the benchmark for every club in world football..

A club who's playing style is now mimicked from grassroots to world cup winners..

The best run football club in the world bar none..

The CFG family is a thing of beauty, giving genuine football fans all over the globe a chance to dream and hopefully enjoy some of the good times my club has given me..

We've broken no rules and we've earned everything we've achieved to date..

What the media have managed to achieve over this time however, by their false and damaging reporting, is an out of control hatred of Manchester City Football Club.

As a football fan of this club, I've had to put up with this over the years, my club, one could think could have worked harder in the early days to dilute the situation we now find ourselves in.

Maybe they did, maybe they were just ignored.

Having recently received an email from them however, requesting that I show respect to Liverpool when they visit our stadium, knowing all along that no respect would be given by them was a bit hard to swallow..

I can't understand why we would want to be associated with them as they, quite rightly, have the worst reputation throughout the footballing world.

Why would we want to let our good name be attached to them ?

When you have their manager openly saying on SKYsports that "it's a bad day for football" when we were quite rightly cleared at CAS of all the false allegations levied at us and then not immediately being corrected by the interviewer, this just added to the media narrative to disrespect and damage my club..

We were rightfully cleared but still reported upon as being cheats..

It's unbelievable really..!

Until the media, as a whole, start reporting on what's actually going on and roundly go after the real perpetrators of hate nothing will change and as sure as night follows day, death will not be far away from the red side of Merseyside once again.!

The media will then be seen hand wringing, staring at their navels and shouting from the rooftops to one and all "how has this happened".?

Bunch of of spineless *****...!
Great post. The media have to take a lot of blame for their anti-City narrative.

Just no need to mention Phillips weight issue to the gutter press , it should have been kept in house , Pep is just feeding the media the ammuntion to have another pop at our club and players.
Usually love the way Pep handles the media , he give them nothing but he has scored an own goal here.

He's done it on purpose, knows exactly what he's was doing.

Planted to get a response from Phillips, not the media.

Over a decade of media hate, lies, untruths and bile against our club manifested itself into the scenes we saw on Thursday night at the Etihad.

The media are as much to blame, if not more so, for the appalling behaviour of the Liverpool fans, culminating in some poor young girl being scarred for life ..

False accounting ..
State owned..
Spend what we want..
Circumnavigating FFP..

.. have fanned the flames of hate against our club to a now uncontrollable level..

Identifying and putting into place a top class management structure from top to bottom..

Installing a way of playing throughout the club from the youth teams through to the first teams for both the men's and women's teams..

Spending within our means from day one to attract players such as Sergio, Aleks, David and Yaya, none of whom were world superstars at the time, in fact both David Silva and Yaya Toure were roundly slagged off and laughed at by talksport at the time as I recall..

These players, along with Vinny, Zab, Joe, Edin and Nige to name but a few provided the sound footings at the club, enabling us to grow and establish ourselves at the business end of the PL.

In all that time however, we're constantly being told that we were cheats who could basically spend what we wanted, do what we wanted and ride roughshod over everyone else..

Our trophies were tarnished and our achievements both on and off the field were looked upon with distain.

A club who's playing style is now mimicked from grassroots to world cup winners..

The CFG family is a thing of beauty, giving genuine football fans all over the globe a chance to dream and hopefully enjoy some of the good times my club has given me..

What the media have managed to achieve over this time however, by their false and damaging reporting, is an out of control hatred of Manchester City Football Club.

As a football fan of this club, I've had to put up with this over the years, my club, one could think could have worked harder in the early days to dilute the situation we now find ourselves in.

Having recently received an email from them however, requesting that I show respect to Liverpool when they visit our stadium, knowing all along that no respect would be given by them was a bit hard to swallow..

I can't understand why we would want to be associated with them as they, quite rightly, have the worst reputation throughout the footballing world.

When you have their manager openly saying on SKYsports that "it's a bad day for football" when we were quite rightly cleared at CAS of all the false allegations levied at us and then not immediately being corrected by the interviewer, this just added to the media narrative to disrespect and damage my club..

Until the media, as a whole, start reporting on what's actually going on and roundly go after the real perpetrators of hate nothing will change and as sure as night follows day, death will not be far away from the red side of Merseyside once again.!

The media will then be seen hand wringing, staring at their navels and shouting from the rooftops to one and all "how has this happened".?

I raise my glass.

TO TBE REGIMENT.

False accounting ..
State owned..
Spend what we want..
Circumnavigating FFP..

Brilliant mate, thanks for taking the time and trouble to show what the media is all about

A minor point, which may already have been flagged up on this thread, but just follow up on Tolm’s news about Martin Samuel a while back, from the advert in the paper today it looks like his start date at The Times is Wednesday 11 Jan in case anyone is interested.

Of course his articles will he behind a paywall now rather than via the daily Mail website, but hopefully he’ll do some Times radio too, though I doubt it.

It means I’ll probably have to start re-subscribing to their football podcast, which I’d given up on a while back thanks to Rudd and the rest.

False accounting ..
State owned..
Spend what we want..
Circumnavigating FFP..

Absolutely. Well said Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.