Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contrast the negative wall to wall Phillips media coverage with that of Sancho. Sancho has been banished to another country, not been seen since October. One would think that news would be something to cover, what is happening ? , much more to it than just lack of fitness.

The reason City do not take the media on is because every negative will be multiplied by 10, Every attack on the media would get National coverage, spin would take on everest proportions.

We just need to grow a thick skin as fans as the club have done, win titles, and enjoy the media and pundits crying about our unjust dominance.

City must be traveling by coach. ;-)

There’s that usual and over used Daily Mail stock picture of Pep scratching his head in frustration.

The photographer who took that picture must be raking it in from the Daily Mail.

BC838EE0-D646-4472-B421-4CD48A5458A4.jpeg

For me the biggest achievement has been the construction of the Etihad Campus on contaminated land in an area surrounded by dereliction to create a world class facility unmatched by many who developed on green field sites.

Not enough credit has been given even though City have been the catalyst of regeneration across a huge area.
This ☝️

Contrast the negative wall to wall Phillips media coverage with that of Sancho. Sancho has been banished to another country, not been seen since October. One would think that news would be something to cover, what is happening ? , much more to it than just lack of fitness.

The reason City do not take the media on is because every negative will be multiplied by 10, Every attack on the media would get National coverage, spin would take on everest proportions.

We just need to grow a thick skin as fans as the club have done, win titles, and enjoy the media and pundits crying about our unjust dominance.
True, blue.

I'm 53 yrs old and can't remember the media ever having such a nasty twisted narrative against any other football club in it's entirety.
After 10+ years now it seems bedded in stone and the norm to treat our football club with Utter contempt.
I really think this is bang out of order now and needs to stop.
It can't be good for our national game surely, to single out a club (champions as well) and beat them with a stick on a daily basis.

Maybe if the media grew some balls and told the world why they do it then some bridges could be built, but I think they actually enjoy appeasing all the rags and dippers of this world.
In which case they can go and get fu#ked.

I'm 53 yrs old and can't remember the media ever having such a nasty twisted narrative against any other football club in it's entirety.
After 10+ years now it seems bedded in stone and the norm to treat our football club with Utter contempt.
I really think this is bang out of order now and needs to stop.
It can't be good for our national game surely, to single out a club (champions as well) and beat them with a stick on a daily basis.

Maybe if the media grew some balls and told the world why they do it then some bridges could be built, but I think they actually enjoy appeasing all the rags and dippers of this world.
In which case they can go and get fu#ked.
What annoys me about it is that we're consistently playing the best football the Premier League has ever seen (and probably the football league too), Pep has dragged the tactical nous of every other manager into the 21st century (except Fat Sam & Shaun Dyche of course), we travel to every ground to win (the Invincibles were invincible because they shut up shop away from home happy to earn a draw) - yet the press hate us and take every chance to denigrate Pep and his team, just shows that they only report on football because it pays the bills and not because they enjoy it.

EDIT - can I just say, do you remember when every team used to wait on the half way line for the goal-keeper to take a goal kick? Pep helped to stop that, he realised that why kick for a fight ball when you already had possession and could build from the back (when we played as kids in the park we did the same thing, even after a goal we'd build from the back as no-one took centres on the local park).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.