Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I met two US tourists in a pub in Oxford on Saturday(on my way down for the Fulham game). They were from Arizona and when I told them I was from Manchester they said: "Wow we know all about Manchester City." As any City fan of my vintage knows that was not the answer I was expecting. While on my travels all over the world for decades I have become sick of hearing about "the other lot." As one famous citizen of the US once sung: "The times they are a changing."

When I was in Indonesia & say I was from Manchester, they said City, the change has already happened.

Snide nasty **** needs sorting, how can an adult behave like that and still be in a job?

If that was a grass roots manager going up to an official in that manner, I suspect he would be reported to the league and banned for a serious length of time. Metrovic got an eight game ban for tugging the arm of a ref, Klipperty has run 10 yards away from the goal his team has scored in to deliberately confront the official. I don’t think a five game stadium ban with no communication allowed is going too far although I don’t think PL has the balls. Might set an example to all managers about what is expected. I reckon if that happened in rugby it would be a six month ban.

I met two US tourists in a pub in Oxford on Saturday(on my way down for the Fulham game). They were from Arizona and when I told them I was from Manchester they said: "Wow we know all about Manchester City." As any City fan of my vintage knows that was not the answer I was expecting. While on my travels all over the world for decades I have become sick of hearing about "the other lot." As one famous citizen of the US once sung: "The times they are a changing."
Many reasons but one in recent years is the comedy drama "Ted Lasso", it's massive in the USA and City are mentioned virtually every week.

Kari Lake won!

No doubt he will be replaced by Enni Aluko or Karen Carney….
giphy.gif

Like how all us lot know about Micheal Jordan and that Chicago Bulls team despite knowing naff all about basketball.

Football/PL has grown greatly in popularity over there since 2010 (although still not at the level of their more traditional sports!) and it’s City who have been the most successful side during that period. City could become how we saw the Chicago Bulls and Haaland is the Micheal Jordan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.