Memories from when we were s**t

York City away in November/December of 1998.

Utter garbage and we lost 2-1.

Also...

Lee Bradbury.

Fwank Clarke.

Ged Brannan

Also remember getting a footballing lesson at Maine Road in the Second Division by Preston

That hurt.

And we lost 1-0.

Going to places like Grimsby, Swindon, Huddersfield, Halifax, Gillingham (pre Wembley) etc.

Going to Portsmouth and back in a day (twice) - and still not get the win!

Being at my mates wedding the day we got sent down (and he's a rag!).

Being up 2-0 at half time (at home) - only to get beat 3-2 (I won't mention who)!

The 'Swales out' candle protest. The 'Forward with Frannie' that followed.

Having Coppell as a manager (all be it for 9 days [or so]).

George Weah playing in a 'friendly' against County (we lost) and him probably thinking "what the hell did I come here for?".

There are a few more but I don't care. It was City!

Crystal Palace away in the league cup, horrible place to get to and from. Battered them and somehow managed to lose 4-1 (if i remember correctly).
Eventually got back to the car in the pouring rain, and first song on the radio was Creep by Radiohead.

It summed up exactly how it felt to be a City fan and became my personal anthem of doom, a bit like the John Denver song in Final Destination, to this day if I hear it I think the worst.

This one sticks in my head for some reason. Not sure of the exact year but I think Joe Royle was manager at the time. A midweek game against QPR where we were 3-0 down at home going into injury time. It's the only game I've ever left early. As we left there was a feint roar. Jeff Whitley had pulled one back. Got a load of stick off my history teacher at the time who was a QPR fan.

sdh76 said:
Losing 4-0 at home to Wimbledon. I think Neil Shipperley got a hattrick. Another one was losing 2-0 at home to Oxford I think it was, two really terrible games that stick in the mind!

This! Wimbledon were our bogey team that year. That was one of the worst games I've ever been to! We lost against them away from home as well.

Really good thread this!

league cup at home to forest when we lost 2-1. we ended up with bastard kernaghan up front and mike sheron on the bench. i was piss wet through when i got home devestated. i walked in and my mam said the old classic "don't worrry son, there's always next year." i didn't speak to her for three days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.