[MEN] Mancini set for City revamp

BlueDejong

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1239964_mancini_set_for_city_revamp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ity_revamp</a>

Manchester City are set to shed up to 16 players as they prepare for a summer revamp.

Blues boss Roberto Mancini met club owner Sheikh Mansour for the first time on Wednesday after flying to Abu Dhabi for a summit meeting.

But the full scope of the cull will not become clear until City have completed their incoming transfers.

The Blues are close to completing a deal with £11m Hamburg defender Jerome Boateng, are pondering a bid for Benfica utility man David Luiz, and are preparing one big marquee signing - thought to be Liverpool's Spanish ace Fernando Torres.

They also have irons in the fire for two young Serie A stars, one of them likely to be Napoli playmaker Marek Hamsik.

Already earmarked for departure are strikers Benjani, Valeri Bojinov, Felipe Caicedo, Kelvin Etuhu and Jo, who all spent all or part of last season out on loan.

They are likely to be joined by Martin Petrov, who missed the last three months of the season with a knee injury after enjoying a brief revival in fortune under new Mancini.

Academy products Stevie Ireland, Nedum Onuoha, Micah Richards, Vladimir Weiss and Shaun Wright-Phillips have all come under scrutiny during the Abu Dhabi meeting, while the futures of Craig Bellamy, Robinho, Sylvinho and Patrick Vieira have also been discussed.

Other clubs are already circling the possible leavers, with Ireland, Onuoha and Richards attracting plenty of interest.

Aston Villa and Sunderland have designs on Onuoha, Spurs and Everton fancy Richards, and Arsenal are showing an interest in Ireland.

But City are wary of allowing home-grown products to go too easily, because they see the Academy as a key part of the club's structure.

There is also a fear that releasing players of that potential could come back to hurt them, and that will also enter their thinking on Weiss, whose exploits with Slovakia in the World Cup finals will be closely monitored.

16 players?!

Jesus that would be a bit extreme. I think it's mostly just paper talk though.

Mancityfans.net'er said:
why the fuck would Ned ir micah come under scrutiny you MUPPETS

micah may have a chance but id say nedum is under scrutiny with only 9 games played this season,how long before nedum actually thinks about his situation at not being played more???

Thats no Ned's fault though is it?!? The guy game in, played AMAZING at right back which lead to chants of ENGLANDS NUMBER 2, scores 2 goals and then finds himself behind BOTH micah and zaba a week later.

Zzonked said:
16 players?!

Jesus that would be a bit extreme. I think it's mostly just paper talk though.
It might well be like last summer, I think we let 12 players on one day, but like 9 of them had never been even close to the first team.

I wish we'd just sign someone soon, then maybe the papers would just stop printing shite. I'm sure they make half the stuff up anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.