Messi equals Gerd Müller's record

RandomJ said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
72 for the season!!!

He's such a special player. Gets my blood boiling that some can't see we are witnessing the greatest player ever to grace the game.

Too early to say that, hasn't done it on the international stage yet, quite amazing player though.

bluemoon32 said:
RandomJ said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
72 for the season!!!

He's such a special player. Gets my blood boiling that some can't see we are witnessing the greatest player ever to grace the game.

Too early to say that, hasn't done it on the international stage yet, quite amazing player though.

Argentina is a team in shambles though. No one performs optimally there, look at Tevez, Aguero, Higuain and others in that Argentina team. The problem in the Argentina team goes far deeper than any player can simply correct by playing, no matter how good.

Somud said:
bluemoon32 said:
RandomJ said:

Argentina is a team in shambles though. No one performs optimally there, look at Tevez, Aguero, Higuain and others in that Argentina team. The problem in the Argentina team goes far deeper than any player can simply correct by playing, no matter how good.

I still rate Maradona as the best player i've ever seen

minimalistic said:
10 hat tricks this season. Don't think I'll see another player as good as him in my lifetime.

Has anyone ever done that before? That's an incredible stat.

bluemoon32 said:
Somud said:
bluemoon32 said:

I still rate Maradona as the best player i've ever seen

It is impossible in today's age for one player to do it all by himself, no matter how dysfunctional the rest of the team is. It is also a myth that Maradona did it all by himself in a dysfunctional Argentina team. It was a proper team with a proper structure playing to Maradona's strength. They wouldnt have won the WC without Maradona but they wouldnt have won the WC if the rest of the team were in shambles either.

He had ten penalties in La Liga - Ronaldo had 13. He has another four penalties in the Champions League (without them he has only 10 goals - Gomez 11 as he only took one penalty)

Müller was named - he only needed 49 appearances for his goals in that year - whereas Messi had 58... - so Gerd Müller > Messi...

We Bayern fans are very special about the Bomber. The same thing is with the national team where Klose probably will overtake his 68 goals somewhen soon - but Klose will need more than 100 matches for that (Müller only 62) and Müller did 25 of them against teams that have been in the top 4 in the World or Europe in the 5 years prior or after his goal whereas Klose likes to score often against minor teams.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H31fS2PIB74[/youtube]

Most throughball passes (whoscored.com)

La Liga
1. Messi 55
2. Özil 20
3. Verdu 20

Serie A
1. Totti 39
2. Pirlo 33
3. Ibrahimovic 29

Premier League
1. Song 22
2. Silva 18
3. Modric 17

Bundesliga
1. Reus 15
2. Baier 13
3. Arango 12

Uefa Champions League
1. Messi 14
2. Fabregas 10
3. Kroos 10

Messi is simply on another planet compared to everyone else. But how would he cope in the premier league? I doubt hed score as many goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.