Messi in tunnel bust-up after game?

There was some strange stuff going on. When the final whistle goes Arteta looks really pumped. Pep not so. He headed straight down the tunnel. Not sure how to read it to be honest. I do feel it was a landmark for us, but suspect Pep thinks it's a first tentative step. Fascinating at every level.

There was some strange stuff going on. When the final whistle goes Arteta looks really pumped. Pep not so. He headed straight down the tunnel. Not sure how to read it to be honest. I do feel it was a landmark for us, but suspect Pep thinks it's a first tentative step. Fascinating at every level.

It was strange because when we scored our third goal the big screen went to the bench and Arteta and someone next to him jumped up and Guardiola just sat there like a stuffed dummy!! I wondered if it were that he was just stunned that we had done it!!

It was strange because when we scored our third goal the big screen went to the bench and Arteta and someone next to him jumped up and Guardiola just sat there like a stuffed dummy!! I wondered if it were that he was just stunned that we had done it!!

Just watched the highlights and it showed Pep doing a double fist pump before quickly regaining his composure. His lack of enthusiasm was just respect for the club he played for and managed and still clearly loves.

Pep spent most of the presser playing it down, partly out of respect to Barca his first and only true love and partly because he doesnt want everyone, thats us, the players, his staff, to get carried away like we did after the perfect start, he kept repeating then that we have a lot to learn and he was proved right in the subsequent 6 games. He's an astute manager and also isnt one to get carried away when a goal goes in, no matter the circumstance, a clenched fist is usually as much as you get from him, he sees it as he job to remain calm and focused throughout.

Just watched the highlights and it showed Pep doing a double fist pump before quickly regaining his composure. His lack of enthusiasm was just respect for the club he played for and managed and still clearly loves.

Maybe it was the second goal, but there was one where he definitely just sat there stunned........ but I also felt that it was like the players who come back here and don't celebrate if they score in respect for us, or when one of ours goes back and doesn't celebrate.

Maybe it was the second goal, but there was one where he definitely just sat there stunned........ but I also felt that it was like the players who come back here and don't celebrate if they score in respect for us, or when one of ours goes back and doesn't celebrate.

That was when Kevs free kick went in.

I feel after the second goal Pep didn't react much because he knew Barca would try to come back at us and there was still a lot of football to be played. With Messi and Suarez there is always a chance they could come back. After the 3rd goal went in he was relieved and knew it was almost over.

Pep spent most of the presser playing it down, partly out of respect to Barca his first and only true love and partly because he doesnt want everyone, thats us, the players, his staff, to get carried away like we did after the perfect start, he kept repeating then that we have a lot to learn and he was proved right in the subsequent 6 games. He's an astute manager and also isnt one to get carried away when a goal goes in, no matter the circumstance, a clenched fist is usually as much as you get from him, he sees it as he job to remain calm and focused throughout.
Yeah, that's how I read it. His choice of words were interesting too. At one point I think he said he was pleased ' for City' and pleased for ' the players' he almost distances himself from the victory. Fascinating stuff. He has clearly been actively playing mind games to improve the players mentality. It seems to be working too. I thought Kun's performance and body language over the last two games have been very telling.

If you are the puppet master the best show see's you focused like never before. Everyone see's the result and is enthused where as non of that is possible if you are not on it behind the scenes so to speak. This requires that mental state you allude to, serene calmness and focus that is needed can be misconstrued for aloofness/indifference.

Yeah, that's how I read it. His choice of words were interesting too. At one point I think he said he was pleased ' for City' and pleased for ' the players' he almost distances himself from the victory. Fascinating stuff. He has clearly been actively playing mind games to improve the players mentality. It seems to be working too. I thought Kun's performance and body language over the last two games have been very telling.

I found his comments regarding the time it takes to build a club that can win in Europe interesting, couldnt help thinking they were not really the words of a bloke who is here for a quick three year stint.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.