Metal Gear Solid 5

Red Dead is right up there as my favourite ever - love Westerns so it was just perfecto.

I loved it, played it to death until the one day I went to play it and noticed it was cracked all the way through. I know I didn't do it, but the mrs never owned up. I got the zombie one too, but didn't enjoy that anywhere near as much.

Seriously though, C4.

Nothing more fun than littering it around the base on all major comms/defence placements and using it as a failsafe in case you are spotted.

When you are hunted as the alarm goes off and you in one stroke completely isolate the base, it goes from the guards hunting you to you hunting them.

Seriously though, C4.

Nothing more fun than littering it around the base on all major comms/defence placements and using it as a failsafe in case you are spotted.

When you are hunted as the alarm goes off and you in one stroke completely isolate the base, it goes from the guards hunting you to you hunting them.

That one where you disable the three radar, I planted C4 on them all, and the AA thing, then retreated and blew them up - but as soon as i did, all the guards seemed to know where I was? I ended up getting a D rating!!

Anyone know how to start the game from scratch? Banged the game on and started making tea and not the foggiest what went on!

Not really a metal gear fan, only played the first and 3rd but i'm loving this. Done the first 8 episodes, not especially far in but i'm playing it like i do Hitman and going for the perfect sneak playthrough, sneak past everybody and only knock them out if i absolutely have to, so it's taking me a while. I keep forgetting that you don't get a rank for side ops and try to do them the same when it's not necessary. I like how the enemy adapts, some of them on mine now have helmets on so i can't simply tranq them in the head and put them to sleep immediately. bastards!

The last side op i did was in that starting village, after finally remembering i didn't need to sneak, i decided to change things up, stuck on flight of the valkyries on my cassette player and rode in hiding at the side of my horse, the guards all got suspicious, then as they all got close enough i popped back up on my horse and threw a grenade and blew them all up. It was perfectly sync'd to the song and it felt awesome. Then i changed the song to daryl Hall's Maneater and ran around the area freely and looted everything before dancing my way out.

Don't have many criticisms so far and I'm led to believe there's another map later on but i'm disappointed in Afghan. Once you get over how good it looks, it quickly becomes repetitive. Vast amounts of emptiness scattered with a handful of outposts, and once you figure out the best ways in and out you can simply do the same thing for each mission in that outpost. The outpost to the far west that's just a square with towers on each corner and a big open court area inside is the easiest thing to sneak in and out of, can finish any mission in there without being seen in a few minutes max.

Oh and why the hell did they make the connecting paths to each section in mother base so bloody long? Very tedious to spend 2 minutes driving in a straight line there and back.

I like how the enemy adapts, some of them on mine now have helmets on so i can't simply tranq them in the head and put them to sleep immediately. bastards!

I overheard some guards talking about 'the headhunter' and how they needed helmets in case he was out there now aiming at their heads. I realise now that they could have been talking about me.

Oh and why the hell did they make the connecting paths to each section in mother base so bloody long? Very tedious to spend 2 minutes driving in a straight line there and back.

Agreed.

Looking to get this game at tesco or something (£40) but what is the day one edition? Searched and seems to be the only one that comes up. Is it any different to the standard game or is that just what it is called?

Cheers

This year I...

Played through the entire series in release order.
100%ed Ground Zeroes a few weeks prior to the game releasing.
Have listened to a ridiculous amount of Metal Gear soundtracks.

I have been very prepared for this game... I recently got a 980ti, and it looks bloody fantastic (for the most part) just under 4k in DSR. It plays amazingly, I'm not getting burned out on it at all so far... It's pretty damn special.

Silenced tranq sniper is best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.