Metal Gear Solid 5

Looking to get this game at tesco or something (£40) but what is the day one edition? Searched and seems to be the only one that comes up. Is it any different to the standard game or is that just what it is called?

Cheers

“Day 1 Edition” Content:

• MAP (Physical Version Only)
DLC items

• Adam-ska Special Handgun
  • Personal Ballistic Shield (Silver)
  • Cardboard Box (Wetland)
  • Fatigues (Blue Urban Snake Costume)
  • METAL GEAR ONLINE XP BOOST
    *Steam version will include the above DLC content at launch

Seems to be what the net is throwing up.

Somehow got an S rank for the mission where the 3 commanders are having a meeting - I sniped 2 of them after being spotted on the roads they were on, and extracted the third despite being spotted by 2 close guards. 8 kills later I get an S rank??!

Binocular simulator 2015! Brought to you buy Hideo Kojima, Hideo Kojima, Hideo Kojima and Hideo Kojima, in association with Kojima productions, and did we mention Hideo Kojima was involved?

In all seriousness I love, love, love this game. I felt a bit jipped buying Ground Zeroes as I thought it was the new game rather than just the engine tech demo - that will teach me for getting excited and buying it without looking into it first. Fortunately I bought a code for Phantom Pain for £20 as there were loads being sold off with a Nvidia promo a while back.

Have only chucked about a day at it so far but you can tell the depth is just going to be immense. Love the new dynamics for building mother base and researching new weapons, recruiting staff, finding blueprints. Having to go and find a translator so you can get Intel from the Russians are great little touches.

What a beginning too. Man on fire is bloody awesome, and the first bit with the skulls is incredibly tense. I know a lot of people find the games slow because of the large cinematic element but it nails it for me. Allows the game to grow into something much more.

Will update again with more game time but well impressed so far.

Somehow got an S rank for the mission where the 3 commanders are having a meeting - I sniped 2 of them after being spotted on the roads they were on, and extracted the third despite being spotted by 2 close guards. 8 kills later I get an S rank??!

It does seem quite weird how you're ranked, the one where you have to destroy the 3 sats i did that without being seen, in and out in no time but didn't get an S rank, i think it was because i didn't bother doing the side objectives. the one you mentioned i allowed them to go back to their bases and hunted them down one at a time and fulton extracted all 3

Binocular simulator 2015! Brought to you buy Hideo Kojima, Hideo Kojima, Hideo Kojima and Hideo Kojima, in association with Kojima productions, and did we mention Hideo Kojima was involved?

Hahahaha. I said something along those lines to my mate who asked me how it was after i had played for about 2 hours. Takes every chance possible to get it in there that he was responsible for every part of the game doesn't he?

Didn't fancy this at first but bought it on the strength of a few comments on here. Started Friday night and played through till tonight. Best game I've played in ages. If you want the best gear quick make sure you upgrade the R & D first. Fill all the positions available for staff in R & D, take them from other sections, if need be, even if they are good.
Great shout and thanks.

I'm getting looks from the missus so I'm going to put it down for the evening, after another terrifying run in with the skulls and some other bits I wont spoil. Bloody good though.

Just passed my 70th hour of in game play time, only up to mission 13. Cant wait for MGO.

Anybodys side missions messed up? I've got a tick in the box to say complete but keeps telling me I have to do it. 28- Prisoner Extraction 02 & 153- Target Practice. Most probably a glitch but I've done num 153 10 times now and I keep getting the 30,000 GMP:-)

I think the target practice ones you get the GMP again if you beat the time - but yes, my Prisoner Extract 2 is still available despite having extracted her twice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.