"Metrolink puts tram service on for football and music fans"

A whole Metrolink line (Rochdale to East Dids) down this morning due to ice on the overhead lines. Must have dropped to all of -3 last night , but no one at Metrolink thought to send out the necessary number of icebreaker trams overnight.

Just wow

A whole Metrolink line (Rochdale to East Dids) down this morning due to ice on the overhead lines. Must have dropped to all of -3 last night , but no one at Metrolink thought to send out the necessary number of icebreaker trams overnight.

Just wow
Haha not like it was forecast. You couldn’t make it up.

And then a short walk through Philips Park, yep that would help too, good call.
Seemed to be a lot of posts pointing out negatives, and why things can’t be done, I was just trying to be a bit more creative/positive.
But re your last point, yeah, personally I prefer to walk it as much as possible. But those times when it’s sheeting down it’s not a great option.
It’s frustrating because there seem to be easy solutions but every one hits a barrier in some way. When it comes to trains, the situation in Manchester (and the wider North) is dire as most of us have experienced. It will be interesting to see what happens regarding possible reopened stations either at Park or Miles Platting. Either of these would be good for bringing in visitors on current services from as far as Edinburgh, Newcastle, Leeds, York and Scarborough but it’s still £100M+ maybe to build a new station. I guess most of those visitors will be staying in the city centre anyway so hopping into a taxi isn’t a great deal. It’s a shame the business park at Central Park never materialised in the 2000s as having daily commuters in and out of there could have helped the case of a station out of Manchester on the east side just as there are stations at Salford Central and Crescent on the west side.

Haha not like it was forecast. You couldn’t make it up.
The whole system us shite ! Even if they put on direct trams from Altrincham, where I live, they can cancel trams at any time leaving you stranded anywhere from the stadium to stops on the South side of Manchester ! Always use my car at least I know I can get back home ! Have already been stranded twice on the way back from games at Cornbrook when they stopped services without any prior notice !

Just wow
The people in charge must have come from positions with the Post Office.

The whole system us shite ! Even if they put on direct trams from Altrincham, where I live, they can cancel trams at any time leaving you stranded anywhere from the stadium to stops on the South side of Manchester ! Always use my car at least I know I can get back home ! Have already been stranded twice on the way back from games at Cornbrook when they stopped services without any prior notice !
Wednesday 31st v Burnley no direct trams from Altrincham to the Etihad before the game. But guess what direct trams from the Etihad to Altrincham after the game? Bloody barking mad.

Wednesday 31st v Burnley no direct trams from Altrincham to the Etihad before the game. But guess what direct trams from the Etihad to Altrincham after the game? Bloody barking mad.

Its really not too complicated. If it makes you feel better, change at Cornbrook both ways so you don't get too confused by two very slightly different journeys, one of which is actually better than it was before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.