Metrolink to / from Etihad

Also got the new Trafford Centre line, which has the closest stop to the ground now I think.

Also the Airport line stops at Trafford Bar which is only down the road.

So every single tram heading south of town stops within a short walk of the ground.
West of town surely. Unlike at Maine Rd we are only half as far out of town as the rags now. A short down hill walk and your in town plenty of options then.

What back to Timperley?

Walk to the bus station then go from there? I don't know how people can expect to get home comfortably straight after a match.

Stretch your legs to Piccadilly if you can is the best bet.

EDIT: After checking the state of the bus services some of which have been totally cancelled today ( Not fit for purpose arseholes) there really isn't a solution other than shoe leather.

Last edited:
Walk to the bus station then go from there? I don't know how people can expect to get home comfortably straight after a match.

EDIT: After checking the state of the bus services some of which have been totally cancelled today ( Not fit for purpose arseholes) there really isn't a solution other than shoe leather.
Do you think an electric scooter would be allowed in the stadium?

When we were at Maine Rd we were two miles out of town same as OT but while they had a raiway station on site and two more on the door step we had no rail nearer than town. They are better served than us by the metro but at least we have a link and Ashburys Station is near by. We are sufficently close to town for transport not to be an issue anymore. In short blues you dont know your born compared to us FOCs.

When we were at Maine Rd we were two miles out of town same as OT but while they had a raiway station on site and two more on the door step we had no rail nearer than town. They are better served than us by the metro but at least we have a link and Ashburys Station is near by. We are sufficently close to town for transport not to be an issue anymore. In short blues you dont know your born compared to us FOCs.
At Maine Road there was abundant street parking, even though you had to slip the local toe rags something to "protect" your vehicle. You park in an offical car park at the Etihad and it takes a lifetime to get out.

I remember at Maine Road though all the buses parked outside the bus depot which was only a couple of minutes walk from the ground. These buses went all over Manchester which was great. I could get on a 105 straight to Wythenshawe and be home in no time after a game.

I remember at Maine Road though all the buses parked outside the bus depot which was only a couple of minutes walk from the ground. These buses went all over Manchester which was great. I could get on a 105 straight to Wythenshawe and be home in no time after a game.
Yep. 75 special to Heaton Park then a 35 (now 135) or 73 up Bury Old Road.

Also got the new Trafford Centre line, which has the closest stop to the ground now I think.

Also the Airport line stops at Trafford Bar which is only down the road.

So every single tram heading south of town stops within a short walk of the ground.
Trafford centre terminates at knott mill deansgate .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.