Micah To Inter

Didsbury Dave said:
IFeedGoats said:
Anyone who wants him to stay, what would be your opinion be if he played for another team and we were about to sign him? (He has had the same form as he has had with us).

It depends who the other team are.

I still think he'll make it, but as a centre half.

He's quick as lightening and strong as an ox.

Sven once made the point that you get quick players and you get strong players but you very rarely get both.

His distribution isn't great and that's why I think centre half is better for him. He does get caught positionally but I think that's something he will learn.

He's lost his way the last year or so, no doubt, but the attributes which made him the best young centre half in England are still there.

I'd pick him ahead of Zableta at right back and I think he'd be better at centre half than Toure now.

He'll be an England regular again, I believe

I agree he's a centre back. Not happy with him as a right back. Amongst other faults mentioned, he doesn't have the legs to get up & down the pitch at RB imo. Still a good stand in for that position though.

Not convinced he'll make it but he has all the basic attributes to become a quality stopper CB & is still young so I don't see what we have to gain by letting him go at this stage.

He'll never be a competent right back and he'll never be a Centre Back. He's like a clone of Dunne, has pace and power but nothing else. Gets caught out too often, makes god knows how many mistakes and lacks concentration, he's just as bad at Centre Back as he is at Right Back, and thats saying something. In fairness to him, Eriksson and Pearce were playing him at Left Centre Back, which was bleeding ridiculous considering his prodominently a right footed right back, :s

I would much rather give him to Inter than any Premier League team. Not sure if Micah fancies moving to Italy though.

This.

Very disappointing player, looked a couple of years ago like he was the real deal and would go on to be one of the best in the league.

Not only has he made no progress at all hes actually gone backwards. Cant head the ball, cant tackle, positional wise hes shocking. Looks good going forward and gets the odd goal and assist but defensively hes a very average midtable english defender at the moment.

Really shows what is wrong with english football - track atheletes, fast and strong no good technically.

WIth all this said there is always the fear that he will come good and get back the form of a couple of years ago with a move, hate for him to go to a rival club in the league and come good, so a move abroad would be a very good option, but as already stated he wants a move to A London club can see him going to spuds :(

We will get nothing like his real value, they are talking £7 - £9 million which for an english player with his experience and the potential to come good is mental considering we are being quoted £30 million for milner OR £15 million + Ireland + Nedum. How much did Glen Johnson go for last summer £17 million and hes an equally average english right back I would say.

Really you have to ask how we will meet the home grown quota if we sell all our english / home grown squad players like Ireland, Neduma nd Richards.
Its a funny one at this stage I dont really rate him, Botang is going to be a much much better player but somehow I want players like Richards and Ireland to be retained for cover and the two bob cups, Carling, Europa etc.

We all know that selling / trading players like Richards, Ireland and Nedum for pennies well below their real value will come back to haunt us big time. We have to be very careful, we will be a laughing stock and never hear the last of it if these players get back their form and we have let them go for nothing.

Personally I would like them all to be retained as squad players and for them to be made to see out the 4 remaing years of their contracts, we dont need the money but we do need are english classified players for the quota AND a big squad of decent players to compete with the aim of winning the 4 competetions we are in next season.

How many twenty two year old defenders are the best in the world? That you've actually watched over the past three to four years and had more than one great season. Young players are inconsistent. Mancini loves fast and strong defenders doubt he'd let Micah leave.

Neville Kneville said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Sven once made the point that you get quick players and you get strong players but you very rarely get both.

His distribution isn't great and that's why I think centre half is better for him. He does get caught positionally but I think that's something he will learn.

He's lost his way the last year or so, no doubt, but the attributes which made him the best young centre half in England are still there.

I'd pick him ahead of Zableta at right back and I think he'd be better at centre half than Toure now.

I agree he's a centre back. Not happy with him as a right back. Amongst other faults mentioned, he doesn't have the legs to get up & down the pitch at RB imo. Still a good stand in for that position though.

Not convinced he'll make it but he has all the basic attributes to become a quality stopper CB & is still young so I don't see what we have to gain by letting him go at this stage.

Some good points made well here guys, I have come to the conclusion that we should loan him out! Even if it means loaning him to Inter for free he will certainly learn how to defend better and also improve his positional sense.

Neville Kneville said:
Didsbury Dave said:

So what makes Richards any better than say Usain Bolt or some other strong and quick person that has "all the basic attributes to become a quality stopper CB"?

Somud said:
Neville Kneville said:

So what makes Richards any better than say Usain Bolt or some other strong and quick person that has "all the basic attributes to become a quality stopper CB"?

well Usain Bolt is a rag and a plastic one at that...

IFeedGoats said:
Somud said:

Point taken, but I don't think Richards is any better than say Asafa Powell or some other off the mill track athlete that supposedly "has all the basic attributes".

Somud said:
IFeedGoats said:

Point taken, but I don't think Richards is any better than say Asafa Powell or some other off the mill track athlete that supposedly "has all the basic attributes".

You have a point, the thing that makes me laugh is that no one uses the argument about being strong and fast when talking about Nedum who is faster and stronger than Richards oh and smarter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.