Micheal Johnson

I must of seen Johnson around 10 times in the last year and half of them he was bladdered with one time on a student Thursday night when we had a game at 12:45pm on the Saturday.

There not bullshit rumours, they're real sightings. I've even had texts of rags mates saying "that bitter **** of yours johnson is in so and so, just called him a bitter twat, he didn't like it"

I don't mind players getting pissed as long as it does not affect their preperation for a game which includes training.

Immaculate Pasta said:
I must of seen Johnson around 10 times in the last year and half of them he was bladdered with one time on a student Thursday night when we had a game at 12:45pm on the Saturday.

There not bullshit rumours, they're real sightings. I've even had texts of rags mates saying "that bitter **** of yours johnson is in so and so, just called him a bitter twat, he didn't like it"

I don't mind players getting pissed as long as it does not affect their preperation for a game which includes training.

You're right. He's always out, he's always in your normal run of the mill places too where any tom, dick and harry is which is why he gets so much unwanted attention. Personally, if it were me I would be vacating the more exclusive establishments in our city.

julio jordio said:
A friend of mine is seeing jonno at the moment (well casually sleeping with to be honest) and she assures me he's a very nice lad. I do have some sympathy and before you have a go at me, it's my opinion and here me out.
When I was jonnos age I was an arrogant ignorant prick, I didn't have a clue about the world, the way things work or what I brought to it. I did a lot of things that I now regret. In short I was a kid. I've since grown up, it's natural. Some lads (and i say lads because it usually is young males isn't it) are stupid. They need guidance. Michael Johnson will get that guidance and become a very good player in time. As supporters lets support him and not kick him when he's down. I understand that people are going to say 'well he's being paid vast amounts of money to do a job that he loves and he's pissing it up the wall' and you would be right but fame and money doesn't bring maturity, infact quite the opposite. He doesn't want to fuck it all up he just doesn't know how to not.

Good post imo. As a youth worker, I'm in contact with young people on a daily basis and as they grow up I work and support them in the hope they develop the sense to avoid making the same mistakes all the time, its part of developing into an adult, you have to make a mistake to realise its a mistake. Its also worth considering that some people unfortunately have to hit rock bottom before they realise it and can pull themselves up, if they are lucky.
If the hype and rumour surrounding Johnno is true, then he needs some proper support. I would imagine City have some sort of youth workers who can support Johnno through this period. I'll be hoping he makes it through,

i would mind if we sold him

i would seriously question anyones football knowledge/judgement if they werent bothered

suvernbloo said:
julio jordio said:
A friend of mine is seeing jonno at the moment (well casually sleeping with to be honest) and she assures me he's a very nice lad. I do have some sympathy and before you have a go at me, it's my opinion and here me out.
When I was jonnos age I was an arrogant ignorant prick, I didn't have a clue about the world, the way things work or what I brought to it. I did a lot of things that I now regret. In short I was a kid. I've since grown up, it's natural. Some lads (and i say lads because it usually is young males isn't it) are stupid. They need guidance. Michael Johnson will get that guidance and become a very good player in time. As supporters lets support him and not kick him when he's down. I understand that people are going to say 'well he's being paid vast amounts of money to do a job that he loves and he's pissing it up the wall' and you would be right but fame and money doesn't bring maturity, infact quite the opposite. He doesn't want to fuck it all up he just doesn't know how to not.

Good post imo. As a youth worker, I'm in contact with young people on a daily basis and as they grow up I work and support them in the hope they develop the sense to avoid making the same mistakes all the time, its part of developing into an adult, you have to make a mistake to realise its a mistake. Its also worth considering that some people unfortunately have to hit rock bottom before they realise it and can pull themselves up, if they are lucky.
If the hype and rumour surrounding Johnno is true, then he needs some proper support. I would imagine City have some sort of youth workers who can support Johnno through this period. I'll be hoping he makes it through,

Support him in what way though? Because I would think that telling him not to go out and get pissed up regularly is supportive in terms of his football career. I want him to do well and I'll scream my lungs out getting behind him at the match but I'm not gonna give him unquestioning praise when he's making a basic error again and again. And I'm his age btw.

To be fair to him lately though he's known he's gonna be nowhere near playing, so maybe when he's fully fit this will all go awayl.

Fairplay Dobsy87, the support he needs isn't, or shouldn't, be all about the football side of his life, if whats happening is happening, then he needs parental/peer/pastoral care. But he needs to seek that, and as I suspect we all know it won't work if forced.

forevercity said:
i would mind if we sold him

i would seriously question anyones football knowledge/judgement if they werent bothered

Yeah I'd be gutted if he continues this downward spiral and fails to realise his potential, I'd really like to see him get his act together and get back in the first team, and kiss goodbye to those debilitating injuries.

He doesn't appear to be struggling with the mental pressure of the half mile walk to Urmston Social Club every afternoon!

No sign of him in the reserves last night...

Is he in the squad flying over to Santander? i doubt it.

This has to be the longest two weeks I've ever known...even longer than a fortnight!

I think the time-scale was a smoke screen for the management.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.