Michel Bastos

Real-City

With all of the talk of a new left back and a new left mid, would Bastos not cover both of those positions for us? It would also give us another left footed set piece option and him and Kolarov's left legs combined would be deadly on the left flank. Just wondering everyone's thoughts.

He's 27, will be 28 in August, at an age where he could give four years of quality football as he already has Champions League experience. Could play the left flank in front of Kolarov and left back if Kolarov goes down. Two birds with one stone.

Real-City said:
With all of the talk of a new left back and a new left mid, would Bastos not cover both of those positions for us? It would also give us another left footed set piece option and him and Kolarov's left legs combined would be deadly on the left flank. Just wondering everyone's thoughts.

He's 27, will be 28 in August, at an age where he could give four years of quality football as he already has Champions League experience. Could play the left flank in front of Kolarov and left back if Kolarov goes down. Two birds with one stone.

would cost at least 20 million.

I'd go for him if the price was right, we lack pace from the full backs. I was just thinking about the amount of space that Kolarov ends up in when he links up with the striker but can't really do much because of his pace.

never rated him as a leftback but on the wing can create chances out of nothing. If macini's got anything about him we should be raiding lyon in the summer

I think he is too old. I dont think Mancini wants an 27-year old LB when our single LB Kolarov himself is going to be 26 at the end of this year. It has to be a younger LB.

I would rather spend the money on Coentrao. Can do the same job as OP is stating and is only 23.

Sam_B said:
never rated him as a leftback but on the wing can create chances out of nothing. If macini's got anything about him we should be raiding lyon in the summer
Never rated him PERIOD.

Dax777 said:
Sam_B said:
Never rated him PERIOD.

one of them players that never furfilled his full potential sadly, only thing about him is i could see him coming to the prem and having a new lease of life... Too old for us anyway, if were getting a left winger mata is the man

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.