Mike Summerbee on Talksport

My Dad used to talk reverently about Best, even though he was a City fan, born and bred in Gorton, there wasn't as defined the tribalism back in the 60's
It's only since the rise of hooliganism, and the holier than thou attitude of some, that there has been such clear lines drawn in the sand.
Plenty of players from rival teams strike up friendships, that's old news, and who else but his best friend, to really get to the heart of the matter?

Don't kid yourself there wasn't tribalism back then: My dad and my grandad hated (and in the case of my dad, still hates) United with a glorious, unalloyed passion - none of this watch City one week, United the next week bollocks. The lines were drawn in the sand from day one.

I disagree, he didnt do anything wrong. What exactly did he do that you object to?

The fact I have to explain it to you just suggests that we're on 2 different wave lengths.

He went off his rocker because they were hyping up United it was a derby and United just won of course they were going to big them up just like they do with us when we win, he started harping on about dominating the game and from what I recall it was a pretty evenly matched game, okay we "dominated possession" but it's not about how much you have of the ball it's what you do with it and Mike should know that.
He starts stumbling his words finishing every sentence with "I'll tell you something" he lost his melon and I can relate to how much he must have hurt after the game to see them harp on about United but as a professional sportsman he should have more composure than that, it's something I'd half expect from the brain dead numpties that ring up GMR or talksport kicking off!

He's a 70 year old man and when it comes to united he acts like a kid it is embarrassing, my dad is exactly the same calling United and the fans rags, sometimes I think FFS grow up!

The fact I have to explain it to you just suggests that we're on 2 different wave lengths.

He went off his rocker because they were hyping up United it was a derby and United just won of course they were going to big them up just like they do with us when we win, he started harping on about dominating the game and from what I recall it was a pretty evenly matched game, okay we "dominated possession" but it's not about how much you have of the ball it's what you do with it and Mike should know that.
He starts stumbling his words finishing every sentence with "I'll tell you something" he lost his melon and I can relate to how much he must have hurt after the game to see them harp on about United but as a professional sportsman he should have more composure than that, it's something I'd half expect from the brain dead numpties that ring up GMR or talksport kicking off!

He's a 70 year old man and when it comes to united he acts like a kid it is embarrassing, my dad is exactly the same calling United and the fans rags, sometimes I think FFS grow up!

They are.

You should just try harder to be a proper blue.

The insults buzzer got from those absolute pieces of shite on you tube messages was a disgrace, you can't say fk all without an explosion of insults, as for chamberlain Yorker and silver spoon redknapper they were totally ignoring mike and going into an arse licking campaign unprecedented until mike stopped them in their tracks, I was totally proud of him, it was great instead of listening to their absolute arse licking crap.

The insults buzzer got from those absolute pieces of shite on you tube messages was a disgrace, you can't say fk all without an explosion of insults, as for chamberlain Yorker and silver spoon redknapper they were totally ignoring mike and going into an arse licking campaign unprecedented until mike stopped them in their tracks, I was totally proud of him, it was great instead of listening to their absolute arse licking crap.
This

Don't kid yourself there wasn't tribalism back then: My dad and my grandad hated (and in the case of my dad, still hates) United with a glorious, unalloyed passion - none of this watch City one week, United the next week bollocks. The lines were drawn in the sand from day one.

Nailed on , watched Gods own team since 1966 never heard or saw this nonsense about watching either team , we were as committed then as now ,there was no middle ground , hated the bastards from day one . Still do with a passion , we are unique as a fan base as daft and besotted then as now in my eyes . Pure make believe rag propaganda perpetuated by their idiot media lackeys to attempt a common Manchester heritage , don't believe their lies .

Demonstrated commendable restraint considering his passion for City. Me, my brother and my Dad did not say a word to each other for a full twenty minutes after the granny shagger's shinner, we were inconsolable and silent with raging dismay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.