Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cobwebcat said:
Citizens said:
Milner and Balotelli is all I want to close down the transfer market really!

and a lot of gelling (AGAIN!!!)
gellingjoke.jpg

how about Van Der Wiel, Schneijder and Dzeko as well and we need at least one more centre half surely. We'll need a big packet!

Do we need him ! we already have 7 center midfielders

1- Yaya Toure
2- Barry
3- De Jong
4- Ireland
5- Viera
6- Silva "can play there"
7- M Johnson

Tevez City said:

1- Yaya Toure
2- Barry
3- De Jong
4- Ireland
5- Viera
7- M Johnson
As he is an improvement on all but Yaya,i would say yes.

Tevez City said:

1- Yaya Toure
2- Barry
3- De Jong
4- Ireland
5- Viera
7- M Johnson

Well for a start Milner can play everywhere except central defence, striker and keeper. So he's worth having in that sense. Also i think the majority of the time the entire midfield will be made up of central midfielders (if we're including Silva in the list), Johnson will be the one non-central midfielder who will play regularly i think (perhaps SWP, but i think less so), and even then he may be used in a Silva type role anyway, not necessarily stuck out wide. Michael Johnson, if he gets fit is a bonus, but cant' be relied upon for obvious reasons. If we don't want to be extremely pedestrian and slow, Milners mobility and energy will be extremely beneficial to that system.

If you compare it to Inter Milans midfield unter Mancini, i believe they tended to line up something like (someone might put me right here):

-------Cambiasso-------
----Vieira------Stankovic
--------Figo/Pizzaro

For us, NDJ = Cambiasso, Toure = Vieira, Silva = the playmaker, but we have no Stankovic, that's the role Milner would fulfill for us. Ireland could do it, but it would be a gamble to rely on him with his form from last season.

beggars can't be choosers but I'd like to finally conclude this saga sometime this week and call it a day so we have everyone signed and sealed with 2+ weeks until White Hart Lane.

pee dubya said:
Tevez City said:

1- Yaya Toure
2- Barry
3- De Jong
4- Ireland
5- Viera
7- M Johnson

If you compare it to Inter Milans midfield unter Mancini, i believe they tended to line up something like (someone might put me right here):

-------Cambiasso-------
--------Figo/Pizzaro

For us, NDJ = Cambiasso, Toure = Vieira, Silva = the playmaker, but we have no Stankovic, that's the role Milner would fulfill for us. Ireland could do it, but it would be a gamble to rely on him with his form from last season.

It makes sense now , but this formation means we will play without wingers !

Tevez City said:
pee dubya said:

-------Cambiasso-------
--------Figo/Pizzaro

It makes sense now , but this formation means we will play without wingers !

We'd have no dedicated wingers, but the point of the diamond is it's supposed to be flexible, if you have Milner and Silva in it that's 2 players who will naturally be able to provide a bit of width, combine that with Boateng and Kolarov from full-back, and even Balotelli if he signs, there would be plenty of players who can play out wide, it's just a case of getting used to the system. Not saying i agree with it, i just think that's how we'll be lining up pretty often. Other times we could start with wingers, but i think Mancini would like the option of being able to play the diamond, especially given that's how we started against Sporting Lisbon. Milner would help him play that system more effectively.

The diamond is how i think we should line up with more central players than wingers but I hate the fact that AJ wouldn't get in that team , the most exciting prospect we have to offer , unless he fills in the attacking midfielder role maybe , cant see i though . but i dont care how we do it as long as we win our games and bring us a trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.