Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bart said:
Nah they are rolling in it atm. The stadium costs are zero problem due to their fan base and property pushing. So basically they got the money they normally spend x 5.

Well, not really...'due to their fan base'? What, the one that's smaller and and poorer than Arsenal's? And I do rather think that the construction of the Emirates was not 'zero problem' to Arsenal.

Given that Spurs' record fee is £16.5m for Luka Modric, I don't see how you can honestly suggest they're likely to spunk £20+m on Milner.

Do agree on the internal Villa politics though - Martin O'Neill doesn't have any cash so wants to push Milner out for silly money to spunk it on more overpriced, unimaginative British buys, as he always boringly does...

svennis pennis said:
Bart. There are quotes attributed to your manager that quite clearly state that Milner stated he wanted to leave after our bid. Your manager then said that our valuation is off with yours. If it is met then "it will be fine." I am not finding you quotes. Trawl the Internet yourself.

Re read what you have written. "Milner wants to stay"

O of course. That standard trick of publicly humiliating your players because you don't have money. Pull the other one. He will pick us over spurs as they are potential and positional wise a side ways move. You are always going to be close to spurs. Our ambition and prospects are far higher. Yes that is down to money but is is a fact.

You will also get the best deal from
Us.

I don't even know why I'm bothering as Milner is a take it or leave it from me. I don't see the fuss. Maybe I will once hejaz arrived.

get in there how did we get him! :)

Bart. There are quotes attributed to your manager that quite clearly state that Milner stated he wanted to leave after our bid.

Which is what I'm on about. Strong rumours from ITKs and others have said it's basically MON that's forced Milner out. Milner himself wants to stay atm. but MON knows he has to sell to buy this summer. Maybe he thinks Milner for £ 25-30 Million is brilliant business and he can do better with the money, who knows.

Bart said:
Think you will finish 5th again. Think we will get 6-7th.

Won't really be an issue replacing Milner. You have to remember MON is good at this. He transformed Barry into the CM he is, got him into the England squad. We sold Barry people thought we would struggle, MON bought Milner and did exactly the same with him. Guess we will sign a fairly good CM who will become class under MON, and we got Delph coming back from injury.

I find it funny you actually think Milner will keep up the form for you that he had for us. He's no doubt a quality youth. But you have to remember what he was before MON got hold of him. You have to remember the faith Villa has shown in him. You might, and it's quite likely, end up with a very expensive bench player who stagnates completely.

hahahahaha how many straws are you clutching.

one quote from MON ‘You have to replace him, replace his ability and experience, and do it instantly yet do it with someone of probably less value. That is tough.

in others words he cant replace the quality he will loose!

Well, not really...'due to their fan base'? What, the one that's smaller and and poorer than Arsenal's?

Spurs have a fucking HUGE waiting list on the season tickets. One dude on another Villa forum, who is a spurs fan, was talking about over 60 k. They will have no problems filling anything tbh. They local fan base is fairly big. And their fan base have money, which is more then a lot of other fans.

Bart said:
Bart. There are quotes attributed to your manager that quite clearly state that Milner stated he wanted to leave after our bid.

Which is what I'm on about. Strong rumours from ITKs and others have said it's basically MON that's forced Milner out. Milner himself wants to stay atm. but MON knows he has to sell to buy this summer. Maybe he thinks Milner for £ 25-30 Million is brilliant business and he can do better with the money, who knows.

If Milner never said he wanted to leave, you would have thought he or his agent would come out in the press and call Martin a liar. Maybe not until the transfer has gone through though.

It does sound like you are clutching at straws though tbh.

leewill31 said:
Bart said:

Won't really be an issue replacing Milner. You have to remember MON is good at this. He transformed Barry into the CM he is, got him into the England squad. We sold Barry people thought we would struggle, MON bought Milner and did exactly the same with him. Guess we will sign a fairly good CM who will become class under MON, and we got Delph coming back from injury.

I find it funny you actually think Milner will keep up the form for you that he had for us. He's no doubt a quality youth. But you have to remember what he was before MON got hold of him. You have to remember the faith Villa has shown in him. You might, and it's quite likely, end up with a very expensive bench player who stagnates completely.

hahahahaha how many straws are you clutching.

Not sure why you're using that expression. Pretty much spot on all that. Love to see your explaining well thought out posts though

Bart said:

He's really grown as a player at Villa, but no reason to believe he'll be a one season wonder. We need players who know what the Premiership is all about and can put a shift in week in week out.

Every transfer has some risk, but he looks as good a bet as any midfielder in the country

I don't hold out much hope for Fabian Delph. He looked way off the pace last season, but you know him better.

I'd be a bit disappointed if City finish 5th. I'm expecting more than that although it may take time to get the team to gel. We should be very strong at home, and difficult to beat away from home. My main worry is the impact of playing Thursday Sunday.

Presumably MON has his transfer targets all lined up and is waiting to see if Milner will be central to the team or not. You need to get a move on

Yeah it's starting getting late now, but tbf, the entire market has been slow so far. Not really kicked off yet. But you're right, some changes must happen soon IMO.

Delph is class though. His injury was a bloody shame. He is the most natural talented player in midfield I've seen for many many years.

Bart said:
Well, not really...'due to their fan base'? What, the one that's smaller and and poorer than Arsenal's?

Spurs have a fucking HUGE waiting list on the season tickets. One dude on another Villa forum, who is a spurs fan, was talking about over 60 k. They will have no problems filling anything tbh. They local fan base is fairly big. And their fan base have money, which is more then a lot of other fans.

I never said it was small or poor, I said it was smallER and poorER than Arsenal's. Both of which are true, undeniable facts, evidenced by ticket prices. And that Arsenal, on bigger revenues than Spurs have ever had, essentially ran a net zero expenditure transfer budget for several seasons to finance the Emirates, even though Highbury was considerably more prime real estate than the Lane is.

I'm not doubting Spurs are financially well run or well supported, but building a new stadium and training ground is simply not compatible with a big transfer budget. It's not a question of whether they can fill anything.

Though thinking about it, if they can screw your mug of a manager by offloading the useless Keane and giving you £10m on top, maybe it's a goer. That's the kind of deal that idiot O'Neill would probably go for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.