Milners average

Prestwich_Blue said:
deflection said:
pfa young player of the year,nuff said
As was Jermaine Jenas, Scott Parker, Paul Merson. 'nuff said.
You beat me to providing a list of all the PFA young players of the year. Ashley Young got it the season before as well and a lot of Villa fans thought he was shite last year.

I'd say he's better than average but i don't
think he's worth the 25m+ that's being reported
we are willing to pay.
Apparently Chelsea have entered the fray.....Well
according to the Sun at least.
30m??? No way.

I personally believe he'd be a big hit with us and soon become a fans favourite.
The Villa fans are certainly gutted about his possible departure and they're the ones who see him week in, week out.

His honest endeavour hides a whole range of attributes that we're currently lacking. Maybe there are better players out there who will waltz past opponents and flick through a defense-splitting pass but he IS creative and crucially always looking to create and build attacks. But most importantly of all he is fantastic at linking the play and keeping things moving. And he does this with energy.
That was an area we hoped Barry would excel at but - although I'm not one of his detractors - Gareth didnt provide that for us last season.

Also, his versatility is a major bonus. With Mancini also looking at Luiz its apparent he values adaptable players and wants more available to him in order to mix things up for different circumstances and fixtures.
Okay so Villa deployed him centrally but Milner is also a very decent wide-man (equally adept on either flank) who - and wouldnt this be a breath of fresh air after SWP and Bellers - delivers quality balls into the box consistently.
And lastly, to the guy who mentioned Milner being used as a left-back as a derogatory factor, I remember Lakey being played as a centre-mid, centre-back, full-back, you name it. Sometimes reliable excellence gets used in such a way.

Bonol said:
Why are we chasing Milner, hes an average player, 20 odd million, do me a favour.

I have to say that i think we could do better than Milner ...... but the club probably have one eye on this 'homegrown player' rule ....... to be honest i've hardly noticed Milner on the pitch whenever we've played Villa , and for me he did little whilst at Newcastle , so if he comes here i'm expecting of him pretty much what i expected of Gareth Barry when he signed , a player who lacks real constency , but can do it in 'fits and starts' ......

we'll have to wait and see.

black mamba said:
Bonol said:
Why are we chasing Milner, hes an average player, 20 odd million, do me a favour.

I have to say that i think we could do better than Milner ...... but the club probably have one eye on this 'homegrown player' rule ....... to be honest i've hardly noticed Milner on the pitch whenever we've played Villa , so if he comes here i'm expecting of him pretty much what i expected of Gareth Barry , a player who lacks real constency , but can do it in 'fits and starts' ......

we'll have to wait and see.

I'm surprised so many Blues don't rate Milner. Personally I've always thought he had that little bit extra to make it at the very top. O'Neil has worked wonders with him, that's for sure.

A few people have questioned his creativity, but again, I think that's harsh. He's got an excellent eye for a pass, and is also a wonderful crosser of the ball. Coupled with his work rate, and appetite for the defensive side of the game, that's makes him almost the complete midfielder in my book...

Our rivals have Fabregras(for now), Nasri, Gerrard, Modric, Arteta/Cahill; is Milner BETTER than these players? In my opinion, it's nit noticible that he is any better than any of these players!

I think to establish ourselves as finishing 3rd next season we need to have a real real top quality player in the central/creative/attacking midfield position!

I'm not sure Milner is that player - but then he may develop into that player!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.