MLB 2018

I'm a Detroit Tigers fan and used to love the game when i was living there and watched quite a few games at the old Tiger Stadium and then Comerica Park. Looks like a long season ahead after some really good years, but i think it was inevitable considering the age of the side and lack of prospects.

I watch it on BT Sport/ESPN from time to time. It is a sport that I would like to like but it just hasn't hooked me(yet)

Stick with it mate. It'll soon become your guilty pleasure haha! I found by picking a team to follow you really start to engage with it. But given this, I'll still watch games on BT/ESPN even if Giants aren't on (Such as Yankees/Red Sox last night) - Just think the sport is really gripping when you know what's happening.

So much of baseball is knowing situations, hitters and pitchers. Who is up next? What are the hitter's hot and cold zones? Is the pitcher locating all of his pitches? Who is available in the pen? Who is available to hit off the bench? How taxed is the bullpen? Are you going to employ a shift or play straight up? Do you have to go w/ a slide step because of the speed on the bases? What kind of arms are in the outfield? Do you play the infield in or back with a man on 3rd and less than 2 outs?

Figure in that you play 6-7 games a week and you realize that it's a complete grind on the players.

As a Rays fan, not expecting a whole lot this year. We're doing better than expected, but when the expectation is so low that's not a huge compliment. It's not even a young team full of prospects you can see emerging over the next few years, at this point it's pretty much just average veterans doing alright in the hope of getting either a midseason trade or another contract somewhere next year.

There are one or two guys with a real future who are doing nicely, Blake Snell looks set to become the ace everyone thought he could be now that he's stopped walking everyone, while Daniel Robertson could be a really good utility guy who just does a bit of everything pretty well. Mallex Smith is also seeming to have found the right way to hit for someone like him, getting a lot of singles to opposite field. It's a shame Honeywell blew out his elbow in ST as he looked set to be a very exciting addition (I mean how many people throw a screwball?). I'm hoping the second half of the season will see the veterans of the team moved on so the young kids like Bauers, Adames and Justin Williams can get a chance.

I'm a Detroit Tigers fan and used to love the game when i was living there and watched quite a few games at the old Tiger Stadium and then Comerica Park. Looks like a long season ahead after some really good years, but i think it was inevitable considering the age of the side and lack of prospects.

I follow the Tigers as well. Not shaping up to be a great season but no great surprise there really.

Thanks for sending JV our way. Much appreciated.

Aaron Nola has been killing it so far this year, if Kapler had not been clueless in the opener he'd have 6 wins already but 5 is good enough for 2nd in MLB. He also leads all NL players in WAR so far.

Thanks for sending JV our way. Much appreciated.
Don’t think he was ever going to win a World Series with the Tigers so really happy for him. Wish we’d of gotten a few more prospects for him, but I think the tigers were desperate to offload and build up their bare farm system.

Don’t think he was ever going to win a World Series with the Tigers so really happy for him. Wish we’d of gotten a few more prospects for him, but I think the tigers were desperate to offload and build up their bare farm system.
We were dogshit for over 5 long years after Jim Crane bought the team and hired Jeff Luhnow to blow it up and start over by building up the farm, which was the worst in baseball. It was worth it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.