Moment(s) of the season

Keep ball at Utds ground in the corner flag to the win into their faces. Lovely moment, not sure I will ever see better than that, but bring on Liverpool, I want us to do them some damage next season.

Loads of great moments in this season. One thing that really sticks in my mind is walking back to my car after the Watford game just knowing that something special was happening.

Yes, Watford away for me was when I thought something special was happening. I said exactly that to my brother at the half time whistle. We'd definitely moved up a level from last season. It was as if things just started to click.

Almost certainly been mentioned but Silva's goal against Arsenal at the Emirates was one of the best team goals I've ever seen. All three goals that day were outstanding, but that 2nd one in particular. Started from the back with a pass from Ota to Danilo and after that the interplay between Silva, Sane and Aguero was just phenomenal. I could watch it again and again.

Got to be Chelsea away for me. We were level on the points with the Scum at that point but our utterly dominant performance away at the reigning champions really showed how much better than the rest we were/are.

This.

This is off the scale.

Absolute poetry.

Posted that earlier and fully agree.

What makes that quite so incredible, for me, is that only 3 of the players involved (Stones/Sterling/Jesus) had started at Watford in the preceding game. The side at the Hawthorns was basically the subs and fringe players, yet they played like that for the entire first half and could have been 6-0 up. It was then that I first realised that we had a whole squad who could play that way and that, unlike previous seasons, there would never be a change in style or drop off in performance when players were unavailable.

Posted that earlier and fully agree.

What makes that quite so incredible, for me, is that only 3 of the players involved (Stones/Sterling/Jesus) had started at Watford in the preceding game. The side at the Hawthorns was basically the subs and fringe players, yet they played like that for the entire first half and could have been 6-0 up. It was then that I first realised that we had a whole squad who could play that way and that, unlike previous seasons, there would never be a change in style or drop off in performance when players were unavailable.

Indeed.

If Barca has scored this goal, the pundits would’ve been talking about it forever.

It’s a fucking incredible goal.

There's a couple for me. The win at Chelsea; that was a big ("massive", even!) statement. To boss the reigning champions on their own patch was a cracking performance. A 1-0 hammering. And my other one would be the result at WHL Wembley last weekend. There were questions about the side's mentality after three straight defeats, two of them after being ahead. And a number of blues weren't expecting us to get anything there. But to go to a top 4 challenger and comfortably control the game and come away with a 3-1 win was a major psychological blow to our rivals and detractors.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.