Monaco (h) Pre-match (team news page 26).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to play Aguero surely. He only lost his place because Jesus was that impressive. AK possibly injured? Went off at Huddersfield with a possible knee injury. Didn't look too bad but I think he might be a doubt. I'd play Fernando instead of Yaya and have KDB in his normal role.

-----------------Willy
Sagna--Stones--Otamendi--Clichy
--------------Fernando
--Sane----KDB----Fernandinho--Sterling
---------------Aguero
At home with no yaya or silva, not so sure

It's a tall order stopping Monaco from scoring, they haven't failed to score in their last 16 matches and only managed two games without finding the net this year.

That said, they can be got at. Much is made of the fact they average just under 3 goals per game scored, but they also average over 1 goal per game conceded. I have no doubt Pep will play to our strengths and try to outscore them, but to ensure our best chance of keeping their goal tally down he will probably flood the midfield for possession.

I'd stick with Willy here. Bravo had a decent outing at Huddersfield, but it's better to ease him back slowly and let the squad gain confidence again with him between the sticks.

It will take more than 1 performance against Huddersfield for me to have confidence in Bravo. Yes he did ok, but let's not kid ourselves that any of the saves he made were special or worldies. The reason for the praise is the rarity that he actually made a save.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.