Mortgage deal ending

Sadly my mum passed away at 60 just as she was reaching a time to fully enjoy the comfortable position they had worked so hard for
Dad got seven years out of his retirement before he passed

Sorry to hear that, people who graft all their lives and yet treated to another shit sandwich at the end of it.

Well it looks like the housing market is about to crash.

A pain in the arse as we were just about to put mrs marsbars old flat on the market and sell our place, to fund a bigger gaff.

Looks like we’re staying put for a couple of years.

when is the next date for interest rates rising?
Earliest I can fix my mortgage is 2nd of November, can get a 10 year fix with current lender at 4.2% wondering wether I should just pay the early repayment charge now of £1700? If they rise another 1% that will bump it up another £100ish a month

A pain in the arse as we were just about to put mrs marsbars old flat on the market and sell our place, to fund a bigger gaff.

If there a market crash and your moving up the chain better for you

Earliest I can fix my mortgage is 2nd of November, can get a 10 year fix with current lender at 4.2% wondering wether I should just pay the early repayment charge now of £1700? If they rise another 1% that will bump it up another £100ish a month
November 3rd
If I were you I’d take their hands off for that deal!
Todays 2 year deals are 5.8%

Got an unexpected letter through the post the other day.

Thought I had another 2 years left at 2.09% but no, it's up in Jan.

I've fixed for 5 years at 4.74% with nationwide. The 10 year fix was the same 4.74% and I was torn with what to do but in the end went with the 5 year. Probably silly but I'll worry about it in 5 years time.

Nationwide have let me carry on paying the 2.09 before starting the new rate in January which softened the blow a tiny bit.

I've just had a look and the 5 years has gone up from the 4.74% I fixed at on Friday, to 5.39% today.

Isn't a housing crash the best time to upsize as your new home will be losing more value than your smaller current home?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.