Mortgage deal ending

Whilst Canada does provide free health care for some conditions/services, it's not comparable to our NHS. Each province in Canada has its own list of what it treats for free and what you require private insurance medical for. (Assuming you don't have the cash to pay yourself).
Think physio was like 5 appointments a year , dental was sky high cost had to pay 20% of treatment rest was insurance

I’ve noticed the number of terraced houses coming on the market in My town is increasing now. I would imagine a lot of landlords with deals coming up are selling up.

this post has made me sad . i so wish you well.

Don't be sad for me, I'm in a good place! Life is far harder for others than it is for me. I know what I have to spend for 5 years now and got a low interest rate. Most won't be so lucky and it's going to break a lot of people without a shit tonne of support.

I'm not sure what the solution is to this mess, but everyone needs to keep plugging away and hopefully that old fashioned community spirit will see the worst off through. It takes compassion. I come from parents who worked their arses off from council estates to give me opportunities. The rest of my wider family is still very much fighting a daily battle so I'll always have an awareness of the plight of others. Something our out of touch government severely lacks sadly.

Don't be sad for me, I'm in a good place! Life is far harder for others than it is for me. I know what I have to spend for 5 years now and got a low interest rate. Most won't be so lucky and it's going to break a lot of people without a shit tonne of support.

I'm not sure what the solution is to this mess, but everyone needs to keep plugging away and hopefully that old fashioned community spirit will see the worst off through. It takes compassion. I come from parents who worked their arses off from council estates to give me opportunities. The rest of my wider family is still very much fighting a daily battle so I'll always have an awareness of the plight of others. Something our out of touch government severely lacks sadly.
good on you lad.
i wish all our younger famlies well .

I'm now eligible to take a new deal as less than 6 months until the end of my fix.
My mortgage is in 2 parts with 1 part ending in 6 months and the other about a year later.
Available options for the part up in 6 months:

2 year fix - 4.75%
5 year fix - 4.49%
10 year fix - 4.95%

Which would people recommend?

I'm now eligible to take a new deal as less than 6 months until the end of my fix.
My mortgage is in 2 parts with 1 part ending in 6 months and the other about a year later.

2 year fix - 4.75%
5 year fix - 4.49%
10 year fix - 4.95%

I would fix for 5 years if you can afford it. I don't think they're coming down from that level anytime soon. I doubt 2 years is likely to fix this mess and you get a better rate fixing for 5 years anyway.

2 year fix - 4.75%
5 year fix - 4.49%
10 year fix - 4.95%

'

2 year fix - 4.75%
5 year fix - 4.49%
10 year fix - 4.95%

5 for me - 10 years is far too long a time to forecast...........

2 year fix - 4.75%
5 year fix - 4.49%
10 year fix - 4.95%

I just got my rates through (current fix expires in May, with Barclays), and best 5 year fixed is 5.45%!

Possibly due to LTV being around 80%, or I need to shop around!

2 year fix - 4.75%
5 year fix - 4.49%
10 year fix - 4.95%

I agree, the 5 years is probably the one to go for, ten if you know you can afford it but of course more of a gamble, either way

Similar levels now to when me and the wife bought our first house in 2005. So it's not impossible or unknown ground, but it could take a few years for growth to really take a hold again.

Although having the boiler on for 2 showers and heating the radiators for 4 hours didn't used to cost us a tenner per day....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.