Most Intelligent (brainiest?) Team in the PL

pee dubyas crayons said:
I used to think that having a degree made me brainy, until I grew up and realised that pieces of paper from left wing organisations that rape you of money you dont have in the process, and won't help you get a job afterwards, aren't worth sh*t.

For anyone still at school (probably a large % of this forum I would guess), I would advise you to seriously consider going to university. It's not worth it.

You sound very bitter, let me guess you "hate fuckin students".

Anyway, Michael Owen has afew qualifications, good GSCE's and A levels.

pee dubyas crayons said:
I used to think that having a degree made me brainy, until I grew up and realised that pieces of paper from left wing organisations that rape you of money you dont have in the process, and won't help you get a job afterwards, aren't worth sh*t.

For anyone still at school (probably a large % of this forum I would guess), I would advise you to seriously consider going to university. It's not worth it.

Kids! Never take advice from ShaunDickov's latest username.

bluemoondays said:
If you want to be an engineer, accountant, solicitor, doctor, programmer etc then a relevant degree is 99.9% essential.

Why would anyone want to be any of these? Yes the pay is decent but is it worth working all hours god sends? Plus for a doctor its 7 YEARS at uni. Not worth it.

Do what Richard Branson and countless other millionaires did - get out of the education system and start earning as soon as you've learned how to read, write and add up.

dannybcity said:

I dont hate students, I was one and so was my wife.

But I dont think i'll be sending my kids to uni, unless they want to go. I would encourage them to be entrepreneurs instead of wasting their time on a useless degree.

IF they want to do a vocation like a vet, doctor etc. then I will happily support their choice to go to Uni.

But if I had my time again I wouldnt go. I would have left school after a-levels, set up my own business and become a multi-millionaire by now.

Senderos has a degree in physics I believe. I remember reading Alexei Smertin loved Russian literature, which I would think makes him pretty intelligent.
Robert Green is meant to rather intelligent, not sure if he has a degree.

On the degree topics. I'm about to graduate from one of the better universities here in the states. I already have a job doing marketing, business writing, editing, etc (my degree is in England) for a start-up biotech company who are about to take over another company. I got the job as a result of the degree I was about to get. I've kept it and worked my way up because of my abilities, which are in part due to the degree, and in part my own work.
Basically, I don't think it's black and white, but to dismiss a degree out of hand on concept is silly.

pee dubyas crayons said:

Did you attain a degree yourself then?
If not,then how can you possibly comment on the validity of a university education.
And where on earth does "left wing organisations" come from?
Or did you fail to get a job with your degree and are bitter as a result?
Please explain,as your post makes little sense to me.

pee dubyas crayons said:
dannybcity said:

I dont hate students, I was one and so was my wife.

But I dont think i'll be sending my kids to uni, unless they want to go. I would encourage them to be entrepreneurs instead of wasting their time on a useless degree.

IF they want to do a vocation like a vet, doctor etc. then I will happily support their choice to go to Uni.

But if I had my time again I wouldnt go. I would have left school after a-levels, set up my own business and become a multi-millionaire by now.
if it was that easy we would all be multi-millionaires.
a good education is priceless.(from someone who did not have one)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.