Movie Discussion Thread | Upcoming Releases etc..

Very reminiscent of the reboot 52 comics years ago.

Yes!

This is what I thought, too. I'd like the collar higher, but it's a decent look.

Pretty sure Gunn will mix different stories to get his film.

I wouldn't mind seeing 'The Monitors' and 'Brainiac' enter the fray. The DC franchise needs a kick up the arse and those entries will separate it from Marvel, finally.

So, I was thinking about the 'T'Challa/ 'Black Panther'' character today spurred on by a quick mention of seeing the character on 'X-men 97' (great show btw).

Are Marvel followers still set on not recasting the role after the death of Chadwick Boseman? Cos I'm sure he wanted the role to continue.

And what about Damson Idris coming through to replace, but from the alternate timeline/ universe or as his grown son??

So, I was thinking about the 'T'Challa/ 'Black Panther'' character today spurred on by a quick mention of seeing the character on 'X-men 97' (great show btw).

Are Marvel followers still set on not recasting the role after the death of Chadwick Boseman? Cos I'm sure he wanted the role to continue.

And what about Damson Idris coming through to replace, but from the alternate timeline/ universe or as his grown son??
I think BP is done now, the second one was terrible and I’ll be honest I didn’t get the hype over the first, I think it was more to do with his ethnicity and the first black superhero rather than a good film. I know it fitted in with the IF war saga but I personally have only watched it twice and have no inclination to ever watch it again.

I think BP is done now, the second one was terrible and I’ll be honest I didn’t get the hype over the first, I think it was more to do with his ethnicity and the first black superhero rather than a good film. I know it fitted in with the IF war saga but I personally have only watched it twice and have no inclination to ever watch it again.

'Panther' was a very early 70s (if I get my comic book history right) offering to the Marvel lore. My memory only goes back so far, but he was the first real Black superhero to the mainstream and 'Cage' after that. At least in the way things came across to me.

'BP' had a HUGE following by all readers but, obviously, struck chord with the less represented in comic fandom. I don't think the films represented him too well, but the fact he was there at all and making $1Bn says a lot for where the character stands in representation.

Basically, one has to show 'heroes' as any race/ denomination.

'Panther' was a very early 70s (if I get my comic book history right) offering to the Marvel lore. My memory only goes back so far, but he was the first real Black superhero to the mainstream and 'Cage' after that. At least in the way things came across to me.

'BP' had a HUGE following by all readers but, obviously, struck chord with the less represented in comic fandom. I don't think the films represented him too well, but the fact he was there at all and making $1Bn says a lot for where the character stands in representation.

Basically, one has to show 'heroes' as any race/ denomination.
I understand showing other races etc especially in this day and age, I read lots of comics in the 70/80s as I was friends with American lads when I lived abroad and they used to have loads, BP, Spidey etc I read them all, however I don’t read that many after the 80s if I’m honest so I’ll bow to your knowledge on his following.

I understand showing other races etc especially in this day and age, I read lots of comics in the 70/80s as I was friends with American lads when I lived abroad and they used to have loads, BP, Spidey etc I read them all, however I don’t read that many after the 80s if I’m honest so I’ll bow to your knowledge on his following.

My knowledge is the same as yours, roughly. The attraction to 'Black Panther' amongst many readers was that he was a prince-becoming-king that fought for people with honour. Much reflecting a want for a working class society and Black people seeing positivity. This was my personal relationship with the comic, but it reflected, somewhat, in the film adaptations. To understand from an outside PoV, you have to recall who 'The Avenger' characters were and how they related to the reading/ watching audience.

Mid-90s is kind of where I bowed out as there were too many different takes on the hero genre to keep up with.

Hollywood is just trying to anchor its world in a 30 year period, except not using comic book readers (Kevin Feige, Ryan Coogler and James Gunn aside) as typical writers/ filmmakers/ producers for the projects. This is what's fucking up Marvel! They've changed up storylines that lead away from the obvious continued arc and into the wildness and now they're lost.

Good job timelines are going to restructure the narrative!!

And this is where they can save 'Black Panther' as well as others, which should get Marvel back to the billion dollar profit margins it used to have!

My knowledge is the same as yours, roughly. The attraction to 'Black Panther' amongst many readers was that he was a prince-becoming-king that fought for people with honour. Much reflecting a want for a working class society and Black people seeing positivity. This was my personal relationship with the comic, but it reflected, somewhat, in the film adaptations. To understand from an outside PoV, you have to recall who 'The Avenger' characters were and how they related to the reading/ watching audience.

Mid-90s is kind of where I bowed out as there were too many different takes on the hero genre to keep up with.

Hollywood is just trying to anchor its world in a 30 year period, except not using comic book readers (Kevin Feige, Ryan Coogler and James Gunn aside) as typical writers/ filmmakers/ producers for the projects. This is what's fucking up Marvel! They've changed up storylines that lead away from the obvious continued arc and into the wildness and now they're lost.

Good job timelines are going to restructure the narrative!!

And this is where they can save 'Black Panther' as well as others, which should get Marvel back to the billion dollar profit margins it used to have!
Disney have done too much, event films have turned into sub standard series, that you need to watch to keep up with what’s going on at the cinema, even the new Deadpool are using the Loki time cops in it, although if you’ve not watched Loki you won’t know who the TVA are! The criminal use of Namor in BP2, quite a big character in my comic book days but used weirdly to me.
Im hoping DP3 can get it back on track but I think it will be a one off until maybe FF4.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.