Movie Discussion Thread | Upcoming Releases etc..

Snyder’s cut is absolutely phenomenal. Electric.

It deserves a cinema and most definitely a sequel, I just hope WB fund it, the ending was ridiculous.

Even if you’re not into the genre, watch it.

Snyder’s cut is absolutely phenomenal. Electric.

It deserves a cinema and most definitely a sequel, I just hope WB fund it, the ending was ridiculous.

Even if you’re not into the genre, watch it.

I've just finished myself and I'd agree with you.

I only had a few issues with the CGI (obviously needed more money than WB would give) but, to me, it has singlehandedly dismantled most of the Marvel dessert type offerings, if not all of it.

It had meat and bone and it didn't let up. To think I hated 'Barry Allen' the first time around, but now I thought he was epic!

It just goes to show what an epic re-telling of the story, that was.

About as comic book and enjoyable as it can get.

Clearly neither Affleck nor Cavill are done, but the multiverse door has been opened, very cleverly!!

This is THE right path and I hope WB sticks to this quality!

I've just finished myself and I'd agree with you.

I only had a few issues with the CGI (obviously needed more money than WB would give) but, to me, it has singlehandedly dismantled most of the Marvel dessert type offerings, if not all of it.

It had meat and bone and it didn't let up. To think I hated 'Barry Allen' the first time around, but now I thought he was epic!

It just goes to show what an epic re-telling of the story, that was.

About as comic book and enjoyable as it can get.

Clearly neither Affleck nor Cavill are done, but the multiverse door has been opened, very cleverly!!

This is THE right path and I hope WB sticks to this quality!
I got up to about 40mins with the kid, she went from only caring about Marvel to already being massively invested in this (and she saw the 1st version). There are still a lot of corny bits that i had forgotten about and yes some of the CGI seems a bit rushed, but given what we have been through and how they had to rush it with limited funds, its understandable. But already i can see Snyder's mark on films all over this and he's basically just thrown everything at it. The backstories of Steppenwolf was criminally left out, the interactions he has and how afraid of Darkseid he is, Whedon should be ashamed he left all that out (along with all the other list of things he's done wrong!). AFAIK Cyborg didn't do any reshoots, so it's interesting where all this new screentime came from that was completely omitted from the first cut. Like i say, all of this was required to make it coherent and get you to invest into the characters.

What's everyone's favourite nostalgia films? I'm thinking of a Back To The Future marathon this afternoon, haven't seen them in years.

I'll be watching the Snyder cut when I can. but the 4:3 thing seems like a mad choice. probably driven by "Heres the full wide screen snyder super dooper cut" in 6 months.

its going to be like going back to the 90's for my TV size. I'll be lucky if im getting 28/32 inch screen with this.

Last edited:
I got up to about 40mins with the kid, she went from only caring about Marvel to already being massively invested in this (and she saw the 1st version). There are still a lot of corny bits that i had forgotten about and yes some of the CGI seems a bit rushed, but given what we have been through and how they had to rush it with limited funds, its understandable. But already i can see Snyder's mark on films all over this and he's basically just thrown everything at it. The backstories of Steppenwolf was criminally left out, the interactions he has and how afraid of Darkseid he is, Whedon should be ashamed he left all that out (along with all the other list of things he's done wrong!). AFAIK Cyborg didn't do any reshoots, so it's interesting where all this new screentime came from that was completely omitted from the first cut. Like i say, all of this was required to make it coherent and get you to invest into the characters.

Well, let me say your daughter has great taste changing sides!

I agree about 'Steppenwolf' but this is a 'Justice League' story and 'Steppenwolf' and 'Darkseid' would be another 3 hours backstory; just no time to tell it, but we may get that, a little, in a follow up.

This version of story is THE most complete that Snyder has told. It's, clearly, has best work to date and there's a confidence behind it all. Although I noted the CGI, I wasn't overly bothered by it.

As for the 'Josstice League' version, talk about being made irrelevant in the annals of history!

I'll be re-watching this film over the weekend again and I NEVER do that with comic book films!

I’ll be rewatching Saturday night I think, in reference to Cyborg, Whedon just didn’t use all the stuff Snyder had filmed in fact very little. Whedon also is in the shit about his treatment of three actors particularly the lad who played Cyborg. The aspect ratio is done on purpose and won’t change its IMAX 1.33 it gives a bigger picture so to speak. I just hope now WB go forward with a sequel as the buzz on the internet is huge over this.

I'll be watching the Snyder cut when I can. but the 4:3 thing seems like a mad choice. probably driven by "Heres the full wide screen snyder super dooper cut" in 6 months.

its going to be like going back to the 90's for my TV size. I'll be lucky if im getting 28/32 inch screen with this.

The film ratio doesn't change anything. In fact you don't even notice it and, probably, enhances the experience! Who knew that would happen, with us being subjected to 16:9 now.

I understand Snyder's reasoning that you 'see more' rather than being chopped and lengthened out.

Oh, and this will never be released in 16:9, in my opinion.

I’ll be rewatching Saturday night I think, in reference to Cyborg, Whedon just didn’t use all the stuff Snyder had filmed in fact very little. Whedon also is in the shit about his treatment of three actors particularly the lad who played Cyborg. The aspect ratio is done on purpose and won’t change its IMAX 1.33 it gives a bigger picture so to speak. I just hope now WB go forward with a sequel as the buzz on the internet is huge over this.

Ray Fisher/ 'Cyborg' has stated racism in why his parts were cut as well as issues with the director, himself. It's well known producer Geoff Johns is problematic at WB with, allegedly, sexism and racism issues and since he had a hand in editing, Whedon and Johns have something to answer for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.