Mr Mancini's 'decision' of the season

lancs blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Forcing the central midfield to step up the park after 25 minutes v United in the semi.

In my opinion the whole season hinged on that moment.

Good shout, that win over them did define the course of the season without a doubt. It removed the psychological "can we beat these in a crunch match?" barrier and gave us the chance to get the 35 year monkey off our backs.

Leaving the dressing room so Vinnie could address the team in the semi final at half time.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
I dont think there are many people that watched city week in week out that afterwards wouldn't hold the view that Hart is a good notch above Given right now. As for the Irish thing, I quick question to those that think Hart's better, does anyone think Barry is a better player than DeJong?? I thought not.... so its nothing to do with Hart being English.

I wouldnt say there is that much between the 2 keepers. Even look back to last season with Given in goal up until he got injured we were on the verge of getting into the top 4. Then he got injured in the Arsenal game and then we got found out in the remaining games with a weaker team. So comparing the 2 from that season to this I cant see that much between them.

leighton said:
I dont think there are many people that watched city week in week out that afterwards wouldn't hold the view that Hart is a good notch above Given right now. As for the Irish thing, I quick question to those that think Hart's better, does anyone think Barry is a better player than DeJong?? I thought not.... so its nothing to do with Hart being English.

I wouldnt say there is that much between the 2 keepers. Even look back to last season with Given in goal up until he got injured we were on the verge of getting into the top 4. Then he got injured in the Arsenal game and then we got found out in the remaining games with a weaker team. So comparing the 2 from that season to this I cant see that much between them.
Football is all about opinion, for my money(and don't forget Hart was named in the PFA team of the season last year behind a Birmingham back 4 that took them down this year)there is a gap between them, but if you think not then good for you.

leighton said:

Last season we were in and out of top 4 all season, this season we havent dropped any lower then 4th with the same defence and a different goalkeeper how do you explain that?

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
leighton said:

Last season we were in and out of top 4 all season, this season we havent dropped any lower then 4th with the same defence and a different goalkeeper how do you explain that?

Richards and Bridge in the full back roles were not good enough compared to this seasons fullbacks. Also there was times when it was either Kompany with Kolo Toure or Lescott in the defence it was never a settled back 4 in front of Given last season.

leighton said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
leighton said:

Richards and Bridge in the full back roles were not good enough compared to this seasons fullbacks. Also there was times when it was either Kompany with Kolo Toure or Lescott in the defence it was never a settled back 4 in front of Given last season.

Agreed. It wasn't the same back 4 or even a consistent back 4 last season and the teams tactics changed significantly from an attacking style under Hughes to a defensive counter attack style under Mancini. Had Given played this year, I don't think his numbers would look much different than Hart's do.

The only thing that Hart has over Given at this point is youth. I think Hart is better with aerial attacks but Given is probably the better pure shot stopper, although Hart is no slouch in that area. To suggest that Hart is a "good notch" above Given in terms of skill is a bit laughable really.

1) Giving Yaya a more attacking role.
2) Having Vieira in and around the squad (i know it's not limited to just this season).

leighton said:

qbFqd.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.