Must see documentaries..

Hoop Dreams about 2 young basketball players is really good, not really into basketball but i enjoyed this

GazC said:
Any decent ones available on YouTube at the moment?

There was a thread a while ago about one called "the bridge" I know that's on YouTube, its about suicides at the golden gate bridge.

Otherwise try: topdocumentaryfilms.com

Loads there.

For anyone who likes economic/finance films try:

97% owned (for those who dislike the finance world)
Quants: the alchemists of wall street (algorithmic trading)
Enron: the smartest men in the room
And there was an interesting one about nick leeson and barings bank but its name escapes me.

But the above link is great, its a library of documentaries

roaminblue said:
GazC said:

There was a thread a while ago about one called "the bridge" I know that's on YouTube, its about suicides at the golden gate bridge.

Loads there.

And there was an interesting one about nick leeson and barings bank but its name escapes me.

Yeah, saw The Bridge a while ago, interesting but harrowing at the same time. Only asked for YouTube as it's easy to watch via the ipad. Found a channel called HistoryFeed which is pretty good, just watched a great documentary on the Boer war.

GazC said:
roaminblue said:
GazC said:

Loads there.

Yeah, saw The Bridge a while ago, interesting but harrowing at the same time. Only asked for YouTube as it's easy to watch via the ipad. Found a channel called HistoryFeed which is pretty good, just watched a great documentary on the Boer war.

I think that link works on iPad as well, my boss used to watch them on the train, theres hundreds of em, from science to the supernatural.

A couple I've watched/am watching.

Jiro Dreams Of Sushi- For Those Who Like Food Docus

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbV6knbeUFE[/youtube]

The Staircase - For all those currently discussing the Pistorius case this is a great watch with many parrallels. It's a 6 part series filming both sides preparing for a murder trial of a husband who allegedly killed his wife. Many revelations come throughout it and it's amazing how much footage both sides allowed to be filmed. One of the best docus I've ever seen so far, I've just got to the start of the trial footage in Episode 4.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oMpwP2e7fY[/youtube]

nomorethaksintimes said:
A couple I've watched/am watching.

Jiro Dreams Of Sushi- For Those Who Like Food Docus

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbV6knbeUFE[/youtube]

The Staircase - For all those currently discussing the Pistorius case this is a great watch with many parrallels. It's a 6 part series filming both sides preparing for a murder trial of a husband who allegedly killed his wife. Many revelations come throughout it and it's amazing how much footage both sides allowed to be filmed. One of the best docus I've ever seen so far, I've just got to the start of the trial footage in Episode 4.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oMpwP2e7fY[/youtube]

I'm sure my friend has seen The Staircase and thought it excellent. I'd forgotten she mentioned it but want to watch it now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.