Nadine Dorries

I grew up in her constituency, parents still live there. I never voted there before because I lived in an adjacent constituency when I moved back to the area after university. Now I live in Canada, but today I am registering to vote in Mid-Beds because I am hugely excited at the prospect of the Tories losing the safest of safe seats.

Dorries was always a blight on that part of the county. Those who knew her or even knew of her, knew how awful she was/is. The problem was that so may people didn't know her - they just ticked 'Conservative' on the ballot without any thought towards who they were electing as their MP. And just as they started to get to know her, thanks to her national public profile, she jumped rather than face what would have been an election embarrassment.

The hiring of her teenage daughters to her office is well known (as is her contemptable reaction to the journalists investigating it). But I've heard so many other examples of her incompetence and alleged corruption (one apparently involved helping to appoint her brother as the paid Head of a new school, despite him not living anywhere near it - think he was in Liverpool or Cheshire - and the school still only existing on paper).

The fact that she made it as far as she has in politics - to the point of nearly becoming a fucking peer, of all things - is the perfect example of how low political standards have fallen since 2010.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.