Nazi SS uniform man evicted from Asda in Cambridge

dazdon

A shopper was asked to leave a supermarket after he was spotted wandering the aisles dressed in full Nazi uniform.

Customers complained after the man, wearing what appeared to be a black SS uniform with cap and red armband, visited an Asda in Cambridge.

Police were called, but the man left of his own accord when confronted by the manager of the Beehive Centre store.

It is unclear whether it was a Halloween prank.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-24770995" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ca ... e-24770995</a>

Would this offend you?

Would the same offence be recognised if a person dressed up as a Japanese soldier from WW2?

I'm not disagreeing that some people would find it offensive and I wouldn't suggest that they haven't the right to be offended.....but that sense of being offended shouldn't always be actionable should it?

I've had the privelidge of knowing some ex ww2 veterans through family bonds, and a couple of them were still carrying scars mentally of that war up till their deaths in their 80's - one in particular was held captive by the Japs, and his experience was truly horrific.

Some of them couldn't talk about what they went thru til the day they died, others would shed a tear when the subject came up.

So I guess they have the right to feel offended by some cocky young **** dressing up as their worst living nightmare in a supermarket.

Me, I've been an unthinking kid as much as anyone, so a little word should suffice, rather than laws being passed etc..

The dressed up guy or gal is either an right wing cockwomble or he has a clue what the SS did over the course of the last war. Either way I wouldn't want any Nazi dressed twerp wandering around Rochdale Asda tomorrow. I would complain to the manager.

I often stroll round Tesco in my KKK hood and cloak, bloody PC gone mad.

Very offended, my Dad would have run up and kicked him in the bollocks, prank or not

BigJimLittleJim said:
I've had the privelidge of knowing some ex ww2 veterans through family bonds, and a couple of them were still carrying scars mentally of that war up till their deaths in their 80's - one in particular was held captive by the Japs, and his experience was truly horrific.

Some of them couldn't talk about what they went thru til the day they died, others would shed a tear when the subject came up.

So I guess they have the right to feel offended by some cocky young **** dressing up as their worst living nightmare in a supermarket.

Me, I've been an unthinking kid as much as anyone, so a little word should suffice, rather than laws being passed etc..

I had the privilege of being brought up by a WW2 Veteran (ex?). He would of and still would laugh at the bloke. We won!

The lack of any moral perspective in the UK makes me wonder if there is any hope for it's future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.