NBC want two English games to be played in USA

The Americans seem to move entire teams between cities at the drop of a hat so I'm not sure their wishes come into it either.
I can think of at least six NFL franchises that have moved cities.

Baltimore Colts to Indianapolis. Cleveland Browns to Baltimore. St Louis Cardinals to Arizona. San Diego Chargers to L. A. The Rams moved from Los Angeles to St Louis and back again, the the Raiders are now in their third city, Las Vegas, after moving from Oakland to L. A. and back to Oakland.

And that’s just off the top of my head.

The Americans seem to move entire teams between cities at the drop of a hat so I'm not sure their wishes come into it either.

And when you read some of the stories behind moves, they are pretty grim.

People mocked Jim Ratcliffe for talking about Government money for Old Trafford. In the US, their would be cities throwing taxpayers' money at him to get the club to move. He'd be happily slagging off Andy Burnham and Trafford Council, accusing them of not being ambitious enough, while some other city hocked themselves into hundreds of millions of debt to persuade Man United to move.

When you consider the distances involved in the US, if a club moves, then there's usually no chance for the fans to still watch. That's their team gone.

And the winning city? If they don't keep pandering to the billionaire, they'll just move again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.