Nedum Onuoha thank you for your honesty.

I cannot believe you knew fuckall about what was going on at Wembley, Even the players were aware of the chants regarding Pellegrini as Sergio mentioned it in his Book. He went on the Record praising Bobby and never had any problems with him. Look Peps been fuckin torn apart on here and at the ground for having a pop at us, the fans, with his negative comments. Some folk just still won't let it ago about what they've been spoon-fed regarding Mancini. Fortunately it’s a fuckin very very very small minority. It must absolutely grate on them how much he's still adored.
I cannot believe you knew fuckall about what was going on at Wembley, Even the players were aware of the chants regarding Pellegrini as Sergio mentioned it in his Book. He went on the Record praising Bobby and never had any problems with him. Look Peps been fuckin torn apart on here and at the ground for having a pop at us, the fans, with his negative comments. Some folk just still won't let it ago about what they've been spoon-fed regarding Mancini. Fortunately its a fuckin very very very small minority. It must absolutely grate on them how much he's still adored.
Bang on. Top post.

I cannot believe you knew fuckall about what was going on at Wembley, Even the players were aware of the chants regarding Pellegrini as Sergio mentioned it in his Book. He went on the Record praising Bobby and never had any problems with him. Look Peps been fuckin torn apart on here and at the ground for having a pop at us, the fans, with his negative comments. Some folk just still won't let it ago about what they've been spoon-fed regarding Mancini. Fortunately its a fuckin very very very small minority. It must absolutely grate on them how much he's still adored.
Didsbury D has a pretty unhealthy obsession with Mancini. Its highly amusing how he tries to slag off fellow blues for liking a guy who won us our first cup for 35 years and league for 40+ years.

And then to call them obsessed tops off the breathtaking hypocrisy.

Last edited:
I have not posted one negative thing about Mancini as a coach.
Why do think think it upsets me that you adore Mancini, it simply doesn't.
I am trying to tell you what the club thought about him , not what I think.

I will tell you again if the club had spent the money on the players Mancini wanted; and not the squad players we got at that time we would have been in a bigger mess with ffp, both here and with eufa. I am surprised so many fans don't understand that.

I don't think the club did everything correctly and certain people did leak information, but the club had already decided a divisive coach could not be tolerated, even if he "got" the fans.

I am not spoon fed anything.
Yeah but you said you were unaware of the story about his imminent sacking. Even a lost tribe in the Amazon was aware.

Mate, what’s laughable is you and one or two others standing with your fingers in your ears and eyes closed, like football’s flat earthers, denying the irrefutable mountain of evidence in front of your very eyes.

Mancini won the league for us but then got sacked for being a **** to everyone resulting in performances dropping off. It has happened to him in every single job he’s in. That’s it. You can still love him if you want but you have to accept the fact that he was a ****.
Winning the league after what felt like a lifetime of piss-taking and ridicule, coupled with it being the last game I ever watched with my dad means I will be ever grateful and hero-worship Mancini till the day I die.

Yeah but you said you were unaware of the story about his imminent sacking. Even a lost tribe in the Amazon was aware.

Yes I was unaware of the Pelligrini story that day.
I knew Mancini was getting the sack at the end of the Season, I would have imagined you knew that well before the Final. It was a poor secret from the end of March. He was incredibly disliked at the club, the fact that winning the FA cup would not have helped him is a testament to that rancour.
I dont remember any "Stick your Pelligrini up your arse" chants either. Of course if you or Tim of the Oak were singing it, then good for you. But I guess it was a chant people heard rather than sang themselves when they were supporting the club at an FA cup final.
Good coach, but to be as successful as City are, the coach needs to be part of the team. He was not interested in the infrastructure, the Academy, or the long term plan.

Yes I was unaware of the Pelligrini story that day.
I knew Mancini was getting the sack at the end of the Season, I would have imagined you knew that well before the Final. It was a poor secret from the end of March. He was incredibly disliked at the club, the fact that winning the FA cup would not have helped him is a testament to that rancour.
I dont remember any "Stick your Pelligrini up your arse" chants either. Of course if you or Tim of the Oak were singing it, then good for you. But I guess it was a chant people heard rather than sang themselves when they were supporting the club at an FA cup final.
Good coach, but to be as successful as City are, the coach needs to be part of the team. He was not interested in the infrastructure, the Academy, or the long term plan.

I remember the Pellegrini chants quite well. Might have even been at the FA Cup final? But that could just be my memory not serving me right. I don't venture into pubs before or after games either so will have heard the chants at either a home game and/or Wembley that day.

Don't think it was particularly against Pellegrini, more a show of love and affection towards Mancini. He was the man who brought us back to the big time and showed other clubs we meant business. We went from Hughes being scared shitless to venture out of England for transfers and being happy with Europe to Mancini attracting players like Silva, Yaya and Aguero and demanding challenging for titles.

He was perfect for us at the time, never part of the whole longevity plan we've now adopted. I wouldn't be surprised if Khaldoon etc. came up with that plan towards the end of his reign given how much of an open secret it is that they hated his methods and working with him. No coincidence that his successor was a Mr Nice Guy and one comfortable with the fact he would be gone as soon as Pep was ready.

Reactions: PPT
Mate, what’s laughable is you and one or two others standing with your fingers in your ears and eyes closed, like football’s flat earthers, denying the irrefutable mountain of evidence in front of your very eyes.

Mancini won the league for us but then got sacked for being a **** to everyone resulting in performances dropping off. It has happened to him in every single job he’s in. That’s it. You can still love him if you want but you have to accept the fact that he was a ****.
Mancini has always been like this, as a player as well. It was partly his desire for those around him to be as good as him, but also because its just kind of how he is. In his Samp days he was known to be pretty reclusive, often ignoring people but then a bit mental when it came to matters on the pitch. There was something on one of the old Football Italia shows in the Gazzetta section of Mancini getting mad in training and just leaving. And Sven once said that Mancini wanted to control everything, even as a player he wanted to be in control of everything and have his say on managerial matters as well. Part of it is the reason he's been successful in management, but it rubs players and staff up the wrong way and we are used to a certain way of interaction that is alien to Mancini.

Bang on. Still love him though. Right manager at the right time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.