Need a van electrician to disable Airbag light on changed nonstandard seats

JASR

Getting pretty desperate to have the dashboard airbag warning light off (via fitting a resistor) for a Citroen Relay 21 plate, due to changing the front seats on the van.
Been let down twice now and it’s now got the point it needs its MOT (which it will fail due to warning light…). Original chap disappeared back to Poland, and last minute (prior to MOT) chap has also appeared to vanish into the ether.

Can’t bring van, unless MOT can be done at same time… it’s that desperate now. :-(

South Manchester. But willing to travel if can be done asap. Clearly will pay for time and materials!

PM if you can help… ta very much

Last edited:
Sounds daft but is it plugged in properly under the seat or are they a totally different? The only problem you may have is if they notice it doesn't illuminate on ignition as technically all warning lights should illuminate then turn off, most testers won't notice though to be fair, I will ask a few lads I know still in the trade and see if they know anyone, I'm shite with auto electrics unfortunately, more an engine and gearbox man.

Sounds daft but is it plugged in properly under the seat or are they a totally different? The only problem you may have is if they notice it doesn't illuminate on ignition as technically all warning lights should illuminate then turn off, most testers won't notice though to be fair, I will ask a few lads I know still in the trade and see if they know anyone, I'm shite with auto electrics unfortunately, more an engine and gearbox man.
It’s not plugged in. That’s the point.
The seats have been replaced by nonstandard, so needs a resistor block adding to the connectors to get the light off.

It’s not plugged in. That’s the point.
The seats have been replaced by nonstandard, so needs a resistor block adding to the connectors to get the light off.
I had a similar issue with an older Peugeot van, the lad who mot'd it every year used to reset it somehow so it went out, sure enough it came on again a short time later but it was off for the test, so passed.

Set fire to the van, if it’s insured, then use the pay out money to put towards a new one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.