need new internet

geek

im in the process of moving in with my girlfriend, she has bt broadband talk, and its slow and not wireless, what do you reckon i could change to or should i get her to stay bt and try get them to upgrade the existing?

Dont think BT are the cheapest and it depends on where you move to on how fast you Broadband get get, if you live far from the exchange its a lot slower than what they advertise.

I have Sky Broadband with the Sky Sports package at £26 per month and dont have any problems with it but most of the providers are similar. The only problem I have had was with TalkTalk who were useless and we even ended up with a cross line which took them nearly 3 months to fix.

Ive got tiscali. Cheap, and not a problem with it yet and had it for about 4 years now.

£20 a month for all calls to landlines and upto 8mb broadband (I get about 4mb where i am, because of the exchange distance). So only have to pay for mobile calls which i dont do anyway

Have a look here...

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/

Unbiased reviews of nearly all the UK ISP's.

When choosing an ISP you need to look really close at FUP's (some 'unlimited' packages aren't that at all when you look at the small print), etc, to make sure you get what you need. Some ISP's block certain ports that stop you accessing certain parts of the internet, eg, P2P, and some carry out 'traffic shaping' which can sometimes severely slow down your connection. Have a look at contention ratios too as this can make a difference to your speed. Biggest tip would be to get what suits you. If you online game a lot, or download a great deal then you need to find one that allows you to do just that. If you just use your PC to surf the internet then go for a basic cheap package with someone like BT.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.