need to add speakers to my desktop

bumbleblue

Am needing to add speakers to my pc, and have an old pair of tannoy shelf standers they have the black and red screw down connections,on the back. is there a cable I can use to connect these to my pc?

The quick answer is no, you can't just run a cable from your computer to your speakers. Your computer audio-out doesn't produce enough power to run the big magnets in those styles of speakers. Your answer is an external amplifier. Check out this video for more info:

I use a Harman Kardon aura as my Computer speakers through Bluetooth ... It's an expensive solution but certain "videos" AHEM sound amazing

Try Richer sounds they have a cheap Cambridge amp that can't be beaten for the price.

Also get a USB DAC , as the output from on-board sound cards is usually poor. The Behringer UCA202 is £22 on amazon

That combo assuming the Tannoys are in good Nick will sound very good

Last edited:
You can get a decent 5.1 surround for less than £70. The amps normally built into the sub woofer/base speaker which normally comes with headphone jacks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.