Neutrals well not really

fuzz barricade

Off topic / the cellar. Will miss you G-S-C.
Hi all

was on a stag do recently and was in the car with some people on the stag i was at, they were all talking football while i was trying to sleep but i could hear them one was a liverpool fan one a swindon one neutral and one a spurs and the spurs fan was an absolute tool, the football subject very quicky turned to city & he came out with some great lines

"Players have only gone to city for the money! for what other reason could they go there"

" Barry only went to city for the money " I wanted to say exactly the what the swindon fan went onto say and i am not even barrys biggest fan but to say that i took quite personally, The swindon fan pointed out he had won 2 more trophies at city than if he were to play for spurs arsenal or have stayed at villa

I wanted to argue but i had 2 hours sleep and we were on a 3 hour car drive and i was just thinking can this really be the case that fans still think players are here for the money, does winning the premier league not count as a reason to join a team or the fact we have world class players or a manager that players want to play for or we are the only club rapidly going upwards in the footballing world?

wanted to share my experience has anyone else had this while being in the presence of neutrals?

i'm sure there was a topic like this 2-3 years ago and you may not have been able to argue much but now surely people like nasri , barry apparantly and others have shown that they get paid well but that isn't the reason they joined city .

Although i'm sure it's a nice bonus!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who like op's in 1 sentence: Tottenham fan said all players in particular barry went to city for money.

my usual response to the cretins is to ask them to name 5 players at their clubs who are not there for the money. of course players go for the money, but if you can win trophies along the way, that makes your choice easier.

can a liverpool fan honestly claim that luis suarez plays for his love of merseyside and that if barcelona offered to double his wages, he wouldn't go?

Chairman Wesker said:
Hi all

was on a stag do recently and was in the car with some people on the stag i was at, they were all talking football while i was trying to sleep but i could hear them one was a liverpool fan one a swindon one neutral and one a spurs and the spurs fan was an absolute tool, the football subject very quicky turned to city & he came out with some great lines

"Players have only gone to city for the money! for what other reason could they go there"

" Barry only went to city for the money " I wanted to say exactly the what the swindon fan went onto say and i am not even barrys biggest fan but to say that i took quite personally, The swindon fan pointed out he had won 2 more trophies at city than if he were to play for spurs arsenal or have stayed at villa

I wanted to argue but i had 2 hours sleep and we were on a 3 hour car drive and i was just thinking can this really be the case that fans still think players are here for the money, does winning the premier league not count as a reason to join a team or the fact we have world class players or a manager that players want to play for or we are the only club rapidly going upwards in the footballing world?

wanted to share my experience has anyone else had this while being in the presence of neutrals?

i'm sure there was a topic like this 2-3 years ago and you may not have been able to argue much but now surely people like nasri , barry apparantly and others have shown that they get paid well but that isn't the reason they joined city .

Although i'm sure it's a nice bonus!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who like op's in 1 sentence: Tottenham fan said all players in particular barry went to city for money.
So; let me get this straight. You actually took any notice of what a Spurs fan, of all fans, said?

citykev28 said:
my usual response to the cretins is to ask them to name 5 players at their clubs who are not there for the money. of course players go for the money, but if you can win trophies along the way, that makes your choice easier.

can a liverpool fan honestly claim that luis suarez plays for his love of merseyside and that if barcelona offered to double his wages, he wouldn't go?

Yeah exactly Although maybe luis suarez feels good looking in liverpool.

And jim. I was tired and we were in a car if we were in open space i would have just walked away , well after correcting him ofcourse !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.