New Champions League format

It wasn't my point. Even my club is for the more radicalised Super League and i know it would be better for us (diminishing the lack of attractivity of the domestic league). However, as a fan of footbal, it is still upsetting.

The big leagues already have 4 guaranteed spots. 4. And with this method, it would just be allocating some more spots to them.

OK.

Football diminished by greed as usual is the problem.

I see Juventus are trying to prove Agnelli’s aim to allow history clubs into the CL if they don’t qualify through the league position Route. About to get dumped out at the Round of 16 by Porto.
This suggestion is nothing but a money grab by the entitled history clubs.
Why not just give the extra 4 spots to the other leagues that don’t get as many entrants?
I hope it gets rejected.

I wonder if our club is in favour and how it will actually look, because I can’t see how that not allowing certain clubs to trade with each other can be legal?
I see Juventus are trying to prove Agnelli’s aim to allow history clubs into the CL if they don’t qualify through the league position Route. About to get dumped out at the Round of 16 by Porto.
This suggestion is nothing but a money grab by the entitled history clubs.
Why not just give the extra 4 spots to the other leagues that don’t get as many entrants?
I hope it gets rejected.
no chance it gets rejected now unfortunately. Talk of dumping FFP and putting other financial controls in place also. The whole thing is a joke.

I wonder if our club is in favour and how it will actually look, because I can’t see how that not allowing certain clubs to trade with each other can be legal?

no chance it gets rejected now unfortunately. Talk of dumping FFP and putting other financial controls in place also. The whole thing is a joke.
Not one single penny will leave my pocket to watch this football version of wwf

Not one single penny will leave my pocket to watch this football version of wwf
I haven’t been to a match since the introduction of VAR as it killed the spontaneity of celebrating a goal, although still watch all the games on TV. When this goes through I think I’ll be done with the sport altogether.

I haven’t been to a match since the introduction of VAR as it killed the spontaneity of celebrating a goal, although still watch all the games on TV. When this goes through I think I’ll be done with the sport altogether.
I hear you pal , same for me , they’re destroying the beautifull game . I watch most City matches , in lockdown there’s not much else to do but while var is around i’ll Never attend a game again . As for the Champions league ...it’s laughable how corrupt it is

If they're going to mess about with it, let's go down an NFL-type route. Split the European domestic leagues into 4 pots: Top 8, next 8, then the rest split between East & West.

League winners of the top 8 group go into a knockout stage as top seeds, along with the 6 best winners in the second group, and the 2 best winners of the other 2 groups.

Then the unseeded clubs are the 8 clubs with the next best records, regardless of country, in the top group, the 6 with the next best records in the second group along with the clubs with the next two best records in the other 2 groups. Then it's a straight knockout with 32 clubs. Or have the next 32 clubs go into a knockout round to make up the remaining 16 places, say 16 from Group A,12 from B and 4 from C & D, but playing within their groups

That means you can't come a miserable 4th place, like Arsenal used to do, and automatically qualify, plus it spices up the domestic leagues as there could be everything to play for across Europe on the final day.

Last edited:

But doesn't it mean the PL needs to reduce to 18 teams???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.