New football terminology is stupid

Not many managers would have kept Bolton in and around the top 6 for as long as he did.

He was ahead of the curve on sports science and stats.

Others caught up and overtook him as his tactics were basic at best.
Bolton's wage bill was enormous, despite all those "free" transfers.

The financial damage to Bolton is still clear and there were a lot and I mean a lot of rumours of serious financial shenanigan's between the late Chairman Phil Gartside and Allardyce.

Bolton's wage bill was enormous, despite all those "free" transfers.

The financial damage to Bolton is still clear and there were a lot and I mean a lot of rumours of serious financial shenanigan's between the late Chairman Phil Gartside and Allardyce.
I’m not sure it was anything to do with BFS though. He left 5 years before they were relegated.

In my day it went a little something like this……

1. Goalie
2. Right back
3. Left back
4. Center half
5. Center half
6. Midfielder
7. Right winger
8. Midfielder
9. Striker
10. Striker
11. Left winger

12. Sub

Piss easy and none of this fucking bullshit we have to listen to or read nowadays. The games fucking gone.
And the numbers 2, 4, 7 and 8 would invariably be right footed players and the 3, 6, 10 and 11 would be left footed. This was in the 60's and early 70''s.

I’m not sure it was anything to do with BFS though. He left 5 years before they were relegated.
Disagree, they were in it together, they knew exactly what they were doing.

BFS is a Brummie version of Arry Redknapp, would not be surprised if he also has a dog named Rosie ;)

Assist, load of cobblers, it’s just a pass for Pete’s sake.

I’ve no problem with a 50 yard pinpoint pass right into the path of a striker to tap in, being recognised in some way.

I think Debruyne has said he takes more pride from an assist than an actual goal, as that is what he sees as primarily being his job.

But if you’re going to recognise assists, at least make it for a worthwhile contribution to a goal and not just automatically awarded to the second last person to touch the ball before a goal.

I’ve seen strikers completely miskick the ball, two yards from goal. But it’s fallen to a teammate to stick away and they get credit for an assist.

Poch proving why Xg is so fucking pointless

An why teams that come just a little short of expectations love to use it.

Gives them a false narrative/excuse to peddle

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.