New (ish) Dads?

Mikablues17

Alright Blues,

Any new (ish) dads out there?

Had my son 18 months or so ago and life is pretty much fatherhood and City. As none of my mates are Dads OR Blues, would be good to chat to some lads I have a few things in common with!

My lads 2 , spend majority of time in parks and soft play then watching city ..

Was in a soft play in a ball pit trying to get my Madrid tickets lol

Alright Blues,

Any new (ish) dads out there?

Had my son 18 months or so ago and life is pretty much fatherhood and City. As none of my mates are Dads OR Blues, would be good to chat to some lads I have a few things in common with!

Congrats.

It’s tough balancing work and providing mate, incredibly tough but one bit of advice is always make time for the smallest of things. Bath time, having breakfast with them, bed time stories, down the park when you can etc etc.

Kids just want a Dad and don’t give a shit about money etc and it’s a mistake I’ve made in the past and no doubt so many others who get caught up in the how so I provide battle forgetting the bit where just being a Dad is all important.

Best of luck pal, smash it.

Not a new Dad anymore but just wanted to say congrats and just enjoy it mate. Being a Dad is the best job in the world and whilst it's also the hardest, it's also the more rewarding.

I took our lad to see City v Watford last year and walking over the bridge and holding his hand was something else. Absolutely melted my heart and something I'll never forget.

Make sure you don't get distracted - the easy route is going out with the lads and putting City first. I've seen people do that and they missed out on so much. I could've done that but chose to spent time with our son when he struggling to get to sleep instead of watching us and I wouldn't change it for the world.

One of the best things we did was always read him a bedtime story, every night. I think I know every Julia Donaldson story off by heart now! I also used to read him the "When I grow up I want to play for Manchester City" book too many times :) he's one of the best readers in his school now and he's only 9. He reads for fun. When your lad gets older and you can have discussions, all that groundwork you put in now will be repaid a million times.

Good luck and hope all goes well :)

My lads 2 , spend majority of time in parks and soft play then watching city ..

Was in a soft play in a ball pit trying to get my Madrid tickets lol
Haha that's dedication mate! Got him into anything City related yet? Mine manages a Haaland chant and recognises the badge

Congrats.

It’s tough balancing work and providing mate, incredibly tough but one bit of advice is always make time for the smallest of things. Bath time, having breakfast with them, bed time stories, down the park when you can etc etc.

Kids just want a Dad and don’t give a shit about money etc and it’s a mistake I’ve made in the past and no doubt so many others who get caught up in the how so I provide battle forgetting the bit where just being a Dad is all important.

Best of luck pal, smash it.
Great advice bud, appreciate it. You're 100% right, easy to get caught up in other things. The park is defo becoming a regular part of my week, its the first thing he asks for when he wakes up now!

Not a new Dad anymore but just wanted to say congrats and just enjoy it mate. Being a Dad is the best job in the world and whilst it's also the hardest, it's also the more rewarding.

I took our lad to see City v Watford last year and walking over the bridge and holding his hand was something else. Absolutely melted my heart and something I'll never forget.

Make sure you don't get distracted - the easy route is going out with the lads and putting City first. I've seen people do that and they missed out on so much. I could've done that but chose to spent time with our son when he struggling to get to sleep instead of watching us and I wouldn't change it for the world.

One of the best things we did was always read him a bedtime story, every night. I think I know every Julia Donaldson story off by heart now! I also used to read him the "When I grow up I want to play for Manchester City" book too many times :) he's one of the best readers in his school now and he's only 9. He reads for fun. When your lad gets older and you can have discussions, all that groundwork you put in now will be repaid a million times.

Good luck and hope all goes well :)
Appreciate the reply bud, love that you've got him to a game, I'm very much looking forward to that experience when it comes around. Seen some things about letting your kid pick their own team, not sure I could risk him being a red but also don't want to force city on him and he then doesn't care.

Reading is such a good shout! My dad always did for me and its something I try ro do with my boy too, he adores books too- even though he's only looking at the pictures.

Sounds like you've got a little star there mate, well done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.