New Kit Deal - Under Armour?

I REALLY like Under Armour products, golf shirts, shorts, trousers, compression shorts and shorts, even pants and socks.

That being said, they are VERY pretentious. My mate's son plays lacrosse for a very good youth team not 20 miles from the UA headquarters. The company has convinced the team to hang UA banners up around the ground without paying anything for advertising.

The team's kit is made by UA. The kids have to purchase every piece of it, home and away, plus warm ups, etc. The parents have asked of they could give the team a discount as they are getting free adverts hung up around the grounds. UA answered, no. And said you should feel lucky you are buying such quality kit for your team.

The stuff is rarely on discount and their work boots are shit. Luckily, they will replace them after they break down within 3 months.

That being said, I like the gear and It is better than Nike.

Hmmm if they've managed to get "free" advertising then I'd suggest someone at your lad's lacrosse club is benefitting in some way from it. And clearly it isn't the young lads...

I'd prefer
brand-adidas-originals.png
to
brand-adidas-performance.png
Indeed!

I'd prefer Fred Perry the most

I REALLY like Under Armour products, golf shirts, shorts, trousers, compression shorts and shorts, even pants and socks.

That being said, they are VERY pretentious. My mate's son plays lacrosse for a very good youth team not 20 miles from the UA headquarters. The company has convinced the team to hang UA banners up around the ground without paying anything for advertising.

The team's kit is made by UA. The kids have to purchase every piece of it, home and away, plus warm ups, etc. The parents have asked of they could give the team a discount as they are getting free adverts hung up around the grounds. UA answered, no. And said you should feel lucky you are buying such quality kit for your team.

The stuff is rarely on discount and their work boots are shit. Luckily, they will replace them after they break down within 3 months.

That being said, I like the gear and It is better than Nike.
Are the people who run this team fucking daft?

Please no.... not fucking under armour cheap, tacky shit.
I've got loads of UA gear and there's no way I'd describe their stuff as cheap, tacky shit. The quality is miles better than anything from Nike or Adidas.

Last edited:
UA are making great strides in the industry, eating into the market share of the bigger established brands, while I haven't liked their kits so far, their other clothing has made buyers at other brands sit up and take notice of the competition, along with New Balance, they're offering something different, and it won't be long before they get it right

We are a big club and we should be compensated as such. Adidas, under armor, nike, etc, it doesn't matter who our kit sponsor is. We should be getting paid 75m-120m annually.

As soon as we sell as many shirts as the big boys you mean.. because there´s no chance that our 342k shirts p.a will get a similar deal as Uniteds 1.75m or Chelseas 899k shirts sold.

As soon as we sell as many shirts as the big boys you mean.. because there´s no chance that our 342k shirts p.a will get a similar deal as Uniteds 1.75m or Chelseas 899k shirts sold.

Spot on.

Also it's not a great idea for the Club Shopnto to sell t shirts for £27 that look better than the £60 match day shirts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.