New Kit Launch

Dubai Blue

Apologies if already covered elsewhere:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thenational.ae/article/20090609/NATIONAL/706089821/1042" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thenational.ae/article/20090 ... 89821/1042</a>

There's a picture of Noel on the Umbro Blog with the training top.
I know it's a good way of giving the shirt exposure, but it would be nice to give some to ordinary fans, who will have to pay a fair old whack of their wages to get the stuff.
What about the boys who went to the Faroes for example? Or a load of kids in a school in the local area?
A picture of them wouldn't make the national press but MEN would print it.

Does anyone know if te black shirt has buttons on the neck? Also, will the City badge be white on a white background on the shorts, like the England one?
I was looking at the England training stuff in the shop yesterday, theres a training top with button collars that will brill if they do a City one

Interesting. Do you think the kits will be launched/properly revealed before the home kit pre-order date of July 1? Hopefully they're revealed in the next couple of weeks, I think it'd make sense, given those preview images on the Umbro's Flikr page.

Not overly enthused by the news that they'll be bringing out three kits a season, as many have commented on here before me, surely home and away kits could be released in alternating years? And, whilst these kits appear to be of a higher quality than those in previous years, and subsequently cost more, maybe the club could take it easy on the fans - we shouldn't be fleeced at every turn like Spurs or Chelsea fans, whose clubs release three strips EVERY season. Truly shocking.

They are being very clever with the marketing of this kit. They've invited fanzine editors and webmasters to a private showing. Then they got popstars and other high profile Blues to another.

the reason is simple - it's called "peer to peer" marketing. They want word of mouth to spread around about how nice the kit is, building up demand for the launch. And these people are the opinion-formers.

It is working VERY well indeed. Never has there been more interest in a new kit.

Wonder if Umbro will do "City" special edition boots, like the ones Terry weras with the 3 lions on the sole?
Any genuine fans know or have they given them to unknown singers or multi millionaires who don't need to be given anything free of charge! ;-)

Kevcod said:
Wonder if Umbro will do "City" special edition boots, like the ones Terry weras with the 3 lions on the sole?
Looks like it from Patty's picture in the other thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.