New Kitchens

Otamendi's Beard

So we're in the dreaded process of finding a new kitchen.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

So far we've looked at Wren, Howdens, local firm, IKEA, etc, but finding the balance between value and quality is bloody difficult!!

We've just gone through the same process.
IKEA will charge you to come and measure up, although fee is knocked off the price of the kitchen if you order from them.
After looking round a number of independent firms, we opted to get one from Wickes. We paid to have it fitted by their fitter - really professional and finished the job in a week. No complaints at all.
Wickes tried to sell us appliances as part of the package - we found their products fairly limited, and so we sourced these ourselves, separately.
The kitchen fitter recommended his mate (also works for Wickes) to give us a quote for tiling. We took him up on this, and gave a competitive quote - we bought the tiles and he fitted in less than a day.

One thing to be aware of (dependant in the age of your property), there have been changes to Electric Regs and our fuse box needed to be replaced and new wiring installed into kitchen. Wickes quoted for this, but we arranged to have this done by relative who is a spark.

All in all, the missus is really pleased with the finished job!

we used howdens. The 'designer' was bobbins but gave us a good idea of what we could have, and it was free, no hassle visit.
Quality is bang on as was price. Had to go back a couple of times for missing bits but was no bother.

Dont forget to get them little clear strips that go on bottom of kick boards and, pun intended' splash out on a good tap.

IKEA will charge you to come and measure up, although fee is knocked off the price of the kitchen if you order from them.
After looking round a number of independent firms, we opted to get one from Wickes. We paid to have it fitted by their fitter - really professional and finished the job in a week. No complaints at all.
Wickes tried to sell us appliances as part of the package - we found their products fairly limited, and so we sourced these ourselves, separately.
The kitchen fitter recommended his mate (also works for Wickes) to give us a quote for tiling. We took him up on this, and gave a competitive quote - we bought the tiles and he fitted in less than a day.

One thing to be aware of (dependant in the age of your property), there have been changes to Electric Regs and our fuse box needed to be replaced and new wiring installed into kitchen. Wickes quoted for this, but we arranged to have this done by relative who is a spark.

That cooker wire was about 20 quid a metre when i had to buy some.

pm me if you want a well designed ,good quality kitchen , arrives on time and in full , supply only or fitted by us .
My shop is in Stockport ,i have plenty of happy customers who will recommend me.
Whatever you do ,dont use Wren , go see the facebook group called "Wren kitchen disasters"

Nice one. Wickes is a good shout and not looked there yet. Will check it out.

Following on from above, I heard a report on BBC about Wren. You really don't want to have anything to do with them.

we used howdens. The 'designer' was bobbins but gave us a good idea of what we could have, and it was free, no hassle visit.
Quality is bang on as was price. Had to go back a couple of times for missing bits but was no bother.

Dont forget to get them little clear strips that go on bottom of kick boards and, pun intended' splash out on a good tap.

Howdens seems to be the one that builders/joiners recommend.

We'll only have good taps and splash backs in our house, though it doesn't always go down well with the missus ;-)

pm me if you want a well designed ,good quality kitchen , arrives on time and in full , supply only or fitted by us .
My shop is in Stockport ,i have plenty of happy customers who will recommend me.
Whatever you do ,dont use Wren , go see the facebook group called "Wren kitchen disasters"

PM on its way.

Choice of Sinks at Wickes is fairly limited - we got Franke stainless steel sink from an online supplier and Franke tap from Screwfix

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.