New Kits 2018/19

Simple answer is, don't buy it. That'll make them put pressure on Nike to actually work a bit harder.
The collar is hideous
Last year of the contract, which is probably why we got such a monstrosity, so we cannot put pressue on Nike.

But not buying it would still send a clear message to the club that they can’t just green light any old **** and expect everyone will buy it.

For me all the best football kit disigns seemed to peak in the 70’s.
Since then every club has had their fair share of abortions apart from the Liverpool home kit I would say.
It never changes, only slight changes in the design but that’s it.
Most other teams home kits are all over the fucking place ourselves included.

Its blue,and its a shirt.

Job done.

Your remit for the standard our kit should be, is a bit simplistic for me

Being blue isn't enough, being our sky blue shade of blue, with maybe navy trim alongside the white, white shorts and navy (white and sky blu) or sky blue (maroon and whote trim) socks

We have 4 traditional colours

Sky blue, white, maroon and navy for socks and trim

This monstrosity of a shirt is an insult to all of that as is the rumoured away kits.

I don't buy replica kits because I am past all that, but when our teams go on the field I want them to look as best as they can in our colours, not some cheap nike shite that insults my eyes

Last edited:
For those on Instagram, you can see the new kit on the players in ManCity’s stories—they put up behind the scenes videos of the official kit shoot.

On nearly every player it looks like a toddler has been hanging off the neck of the shirt, stretching it well out of shape. Bernardo looks like a lad that has put on a shirt given to him by one of the first team after a match. The only time it doesn’t look “massive” is on Fabian and I think that is just because the size small just fits his build well. The sleeves also look just as daft in those videos as the do in the photos.

And that button still makes no sense.

it really is a thing of ugliness,do they really think people are gonna buy this shite.i won this season home kit on cityzens but i wouldn't even have this new one free.Still,my 10 year old as just seen it after he came home from school and he doesn't want it either,that button !!! thanks city/nike,just saved me 50 notes for the kids top.

For those on Instagram, you can see the new kit on the players in ManCity’s stories—they put up behind the scenes videos of the official kit shoot.

On nearly every player it looks like a toddler has been hanging off the neck of the shirt, stretching it well out of shape. Bernardo looks like a lad that has put on a shirt given to him by one of the first team after a match. The only time it doesn’t look “massive” is on Fabian and I think that is just because the size small just fits his build well. The sleeves also look just as daft in those videos as the do in the photos.

And that button still makes no sense.

I've just watched this video and I have to say it makes me like it a whole lot more.

The collar is ridiculous and the sleeves are shite. The shirt looks pretty horrendous up close.

But I'm never going to wear it, so I'm not really arsed. The only way I'm going to interact with it is to see the players running around in it 50 yards away. And from 50 yards away, the shirt is the correct shade of blue, the shorts are the correct colour (white) and the socks are navy, which is City's most traditional colour, and my personal favourite.

The team will be playing in essentially the same kit as the first game I can remember in about 1987. Only this time instead of Neil McNab, we've got Kevin DeBruyne.

Do we get a % of kit sales or just a flat fee?

Just thinking a nice kit that would sell could technically mean a S/C freeze.

Not keen at all. I think all is required is something simple. Back to the seventies, sky blue shirt, round collar, badge in the middle of the shirt, white shorts, sky blue socks with burgundy stripes. summat similar to the kit when we won the fa cup final against stoke Plain, simple! Second kit red and black striped. Third, either blue or white shirt with diagonal stripes, again a seventies strip and one i grew up with. I know they have made a come back not that long ago but my favourite kits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.