New MCFC History section on Bluemoon

As well as Ric & Gary a big vote of thanks to Steve Kay and these chaps is in order

mcfcstats-2.jpg

Thanks for all the comments. Much appreciated.

When I get chance over the next few weeks I'll post a bit of background on how the stats have been gathered & researched, and who contributed to chronicling City's history over the years. The story of who performed research in years gone by (starting with Bob Roden in the 1890s/early 1900s) and what they focused on adds a great deal.

This material is now free and available but for the first 100+ years of the Club's existence it could only be found looking at newspaper reports and dusty old ledgers (if it could be found at all).

This magnificent successor to the Citystats site has actually ruined my original City memory.

MY first match was against Derby. We were so late it was 2-0 to someone when we arrived. It finished 3-2 to someone. It was dark as we walked back to the car. That's all I remember and, having used the old Citystats site, I always assumed it was the game on 4-12-76 which finished 3-2.

However, looking at the footage, that game was never 2-0.

There was a game against Derby on 10-4-76 which did go 2-0 but finished 4-3. Was it this one?

The only way I'll know definitely which part of my memory is faulty is if I ever find out whether it went 2-0 very early in the 4-3 game. If it did then that's the one I was at. But the footage doesn't give you that info, so I don't think I'll ever truly know.

Didsbury Dave said:
This magnificent successor to the Citystats site has actually ruined my original City memory.

MY first match was against Derby. We were so late it was 2-0 to someone when we arrived. It finished 3-2 to someone. It was dark as we walked back to the car. That's all I remember and, having used the old Citystats site, I always assumed it was the game on 4-12-76 which finished 3-2.

There was a game against Derby on 10-4-76 which did go 2-0 but finished 4-3. Was it this one?

The only way I'll know definitely which part of my memory is faulty is if I ever find out whether it went 2-0 very early in the 4-3 game. If it did then that's the one I was at. But the footage doesn't give you that info, so I don't think I'll ever truly know.

How much do you really want to know? Because it would probably be pretty easy to find out, just look at the Evening News from the day after the match and they should have goal times in the match report. You can get a lot of British newspapers off the British Library website, although you have to pay. Could also get it at central library unless the newspaper collection isn't available while they redo the building. But like I said, how much do you really want to know...

seemedownkippaxstreet said:
Didsbury Dave said:

How much do you really want to know? Because it would probably be pretty easy to find out, just look at the Evening News from the day after the match and they should have goal times in the match report. You can get a lot of British newspapers off the British Library website, although you have to pay. Could also get it at central library unless the newspaper collection isn't available while they redo the building. But like I said, how much do you really want to know...

Not enough to get off my arse and do all that stuff.

Cheers for the comments though ;-)

Didsbury Dave said:
10.04.76 City 4-3 Derby
1-0 Tueart 8 mins
2-0 Royle 9 mins
Doyle sent off 14 mins
3-0 Power 20 mins
3-1 Rioch 22 mins
3-2 Rioch 50 mins
4-2 Tueart 72 mins
4-3 Todd 78 mins

mcfcvideos said:
Didsbury Dave said:
10.04.76 City 4-3 Derby
1-0 Tueart 8 mins
2-0 Royle 9 mins
Doyle sent off 14 mins
3-0 Power 20 mins
3-1 Rioch 22 mins
3-2 Rioch 50 mins
4-2 Tueart 72 mins
4-3 Todd 78 mins

I think that it as close as I'm going to get to definitive proof that it was that game. Thanks so much mate. All my life I remembered it as 3-2.

mcfcvideos said:
Didsbury Dave said:
10.04.76 City 4-3 Derby
1-0 Tueart 8 mins
2-0 Royle 9 mins
Doyle sent off 14 mins
3-0 Power 20 mins
3-1 Rioch 22 mins
3-2 Rioch 50 mins
4-2 Tueart 72 mins
4-3 Todd 78 mins
Impressive!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.